10' Source Lincoln Log - $500 (when you hit bottom you cant go any lower!)

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by BoardAddict, Aug 17, 2019.

1. BigBoard

BigBoard Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    California
    I'm not not bitching. Get off that high horse. Why label board police...not a fan of that name.

Just trying to point out an unfortunate event. I think it is common curtiousy to post boards you purchased on this site again if you don't want them anymore.

If someone gets a heavily discounted surfboard off this forum then makes money off of it/personal gain it is that forum members choice.

Broke surfer deserve a chance to get good deals. If you bought the board for $500 at least post it for $500 or $600 on Craigslist if no one wants it on this forum. Im sure it would have sold on CL at that price.

306Bing likes this.
  2. 306Bing

306Bing Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    OCNJ
    all valid points.

DanSan likes this.
  3. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    So we should be angry with John at Boardsource, right? For marking up the price?

Where should I be directing my anger?

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 12.04.40 PM.png

Walnuts likes this.
  4. Roach

Roach Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Carlsbad California
    Minimal human interaction = no CL or Jam. Tired of the same flaked out people, incessant questions, tire-kicking douchebaggery and no-shows.

McQuad and SdSurferguy like this.
  5. SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    For the record, I've dealt with John and I think he's 100% a good guy. I brought him a Frye to sell recently and he gave me honest feedback and was really great to deal with. He ended up turning me away so that I could make more on the sale. I put it on CL and got what I wanted for it (at the exact $$ number he and I had both predicted it would sell for).
    Oh... and after he turned me down on the Frye I bought a nearly new board on my way out the door at half of what it would cost custom.

Now if Roach had sold to stokenbroke I'd be the first guy banging on his door with a pitchfork...

Roach, DanSan and McQuad like this.
  6. SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Actually, I think I'd probably be the 3rd or 4th guy in line with a pitchfork ;)

DanSan likes this.
  7. Roach

Roach Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Carlsbad California
    Actually, you’d be the 3rd or 4th guy to witness my self-impalement.

rough way to go... up the chute and out the yap.
    upload_2019-10-19_12-30-30.jpeg

8. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    I don’t think it really matters what reseller the board ended up at... I think the point is that it’s not in the spirit of the forums to buy a board for a certain amount and decide to sell it for way more without first posting back on the forums to see if anyone else is interested. It’s just about making the gesture.

walkingtheplank, BigBoard and DanSan like this.
  9. SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Oh, did it sell for "way more"? I missed that part.

McQuad and shadydave like this.
  10. SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Poor Rich is sitting at home drinking coffee and checking email going "WTF are these 20 email notifications about the Lincoln Log Thread"

^haha "poor rich" get it? So many levels...

Andrew Johnson and Roach like this.