Yike Ike

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by gcs, Sep 10, 2008.

1. gcs

gcs Member

Mar 7, 2004
    USA
    Thoughts and prayers for anyone on the Texas coast. Watch out for a last day north turn from the current tracks. Be careful guys - it's going to be a big one!

2. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
  3. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    There's enough crap there to make YOU go every 24 minutes, huh, G?

4. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Heck yes! Hey Miles, what's your plans? You already on the road or are you stayin in CC?

5. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    I'm sure I'm staying here if it's coming close because I can't get my parents to leave.

6. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Good Luck brother.

7. silversurf

silversurf New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    USA Texas
    Good luck is right. Hope all goes well for you folks on the coast, 'cause that's one mean looking storm. Heck, the National Weather Service is predicting Ike will still be a tropical storm when it hits up here in Dallas ... and we're more than 300 miles from the gulf. It probably won't be downgraded to a tropical depression until after it crosses the Red River into OK.

Of course, all this assumes it doesn't slow down and then get turned straight north by that storm system coming out of the Rockies. Who knows what happens then. Heck, who knows what happens four hours from now.

8. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    West Palm Beach
    Good luck to all in the Gulf. Last week we for sure thought we would get it in South Florida.

9. B.O.S.S

B.O.S.S Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Texas
    well looks like the surfside beach will get hit i live only 39 miles from there and we are going to see 120mph by tomarrow night . i boarded up my house today got my generator and 3 days of gas . i built my home myself with help from my surf bros and we straped and cliped the hell out of it . it is suposed to with stand 150 mph. i am going to stick it out and stay put. this is some scarry stuff. i hope g-coast and aloof have a beach house after this. aloof might come inland and hang with me. boss

10. deepsouth

deepsouth New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA
    Prayers and best of luck to all in Ike's path. You guys know what to do, you've been through this before. Post as soon as you can after the storm and let us know how y'all are.