wow... Surf TV channel

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by WhiteRussian, Dec 1, 2018.

1. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Active Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    I'm not a big TV watcher, well, I barely watch any TV (mostly weather/snow days etc) and clearly stuck in 1080p world. Finally, my wife had enough and new TV is here. I'm flipping through all these free streaming crap channels and came across show about Matt Archbold. Enjoyed it and as I'm about to leave the room - next show is about surfing too. wtf..? holy crap - this is surf channel TV..

For those who live under a rock like me here is the link:
    http://pluto.tv/guide/the-surf-channel
    https://nocable.org/news/pluto-tv-is-the-free-streaming-service-for-channel-surfers

p.s. looks like a better couch is in order

Salinity, OneLove, PeakMaster and 3 others like this.
  2. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    USA Florida
    Yep, finally broke down and went 4K, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service on-line site had a deal and we took it (qualifying Vets should check it out, do not have to be "retired"). And, as Whitey said, a lot of the free streaming stuff is crap but, the Surf Channel is a pleasure to stare at.

PeakMaster likes this.
  3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    I've had a channel on my Roku account that's great called The Surf Network. It's free for a lot of content but you can buy movies. I bought Cosmic Children, Five Summer Stories and Super Session.....classic 70's.
    Great posts WR and DP. I just checked my account for the first time in over a year....I have $10.00 credit remaining! Gonna pick out another flick. It's great. I put on a classic when I'm painting or working on something within eyesight. Great background without sound for company....if they like it or not. Yo...I just bought Fluid Drive with my remaining$10 credit. Stoked!

https://www.thesurfnetwork.com/content/about

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    "Fluid Drive" rocks. The Riddler down south when the trips were not quite as pedestrian as today. Those guys are posted up at the point alone when today there's up to 150 campers there in the summer. Good times.

PeakMaster likes this.
  5. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Always dug J.Riddles style...mucho big time. The side slip era was just fucking cool and he was a master.

6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

J. Riddle, the legend of Santa Monica. Dude simply killed it. Some of my first surf shop memories were at the late, great Natural Progression shop on West Channel feeling up the downrails on J.'s NP boards of the mid-70s. Some people get off on "new car" smell. There, it was "freshly finished board" toxic hell smell. When a lot of new boards hit the racks, it was enough to feel like you were a gas huffer. ;^)

pefa likes this.