Who has Surf Travel plans coming up?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Artz, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Good deal! I like taking the occasional ride down to Cape May, usually for surf but sometimes just to get away. It always makes me feel like I'm on vacation when I'm down there, even though it's just a short day trip for me. There's always something relaxing about going south on the Parkway, particularly anywhere below Exit 80. If you need any info on the Jersey Shore, feel free to PM me.

aussie-surfer likes this.
  2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    We’re only 20 miles North of CM. Water finally got up to 40°F. Reach out if you need any help, advice, or borrow a board or two. Many Jamboard members in the area. Enjoy!

3. aussie-surfer

aussie-surfer Active Member

Jun 28, 2007
    USA Wisconsin
    Thank you Jersey Crew, appreciate the offers. It’s been absolutely brutual here since the New Year. Looking forward to seeing all that Jersey has to offer. If it’s a foot high, I’ll be stoked!

Artz likes this.
  4. Salinity

Salinity Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Just back from a week in the D.R. - what a fun trip. Surf is remarkably consistent, as are the afternoon trade winds (best surf was first light to 9 or 10am). The guy who owns the surf school / rental place I got my board(s) from (Pauhana) said they have rideable surf 320-350 days a year. No wonder the locals rip. Although Encuentro is the center of the surf "scene" in the D.R., I found a part of reef mostly to myself down the beach a bit (break called "Coco pipe") that worked quite well - and offered rights and lefts. I was also the first one out most days by nearly an hour and there were plenty of waves to go around. The guys at Pauhana were awesome too - $125 for a week-long rental (+ an additional morning the day we left) and you can switch up boards as many times as you wanted. Pretty much like renting a quiver. Board selection wasn't too bad either - had a KG quad fish, a couple interesting local shapes, various longboards (including a Walden) and a bunch of short boards. I went to rent a soft board from them for my wife to play around on one afternoon and Pedro says "no man - I'm not gonna take your money - just put the board you're using all the time in the back and take one - it's just about the surfing here". Awesome. Good vibe, good food, sunshine, warm water and surf every day (and apparently excellent yoga at the surf lodge too according to my wife). Definitely recommended for an easy & relatively inexpensive warm-weather surf trip.

5. Dopesandwich

Dopesandwich New Member

Oct 27, 2017
    SoCal
    headed to cabo/palmilla in a week. haven't been so i'm trying to cram all my research in now. yewwww!

6. Pacis

Pacis Active Member

Oct 25, 2008
    San Elijo next week, picked up a camping site. Hoping for warm weather & waves

Tenfooter likes this.
  7. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Back from Chicama and it delivered. Such a fun wave. Great vibes in the water. Amazing food and people. Spent at least 6 hours in the water each day with a couple 3 session days. Came home sufficiently water logged and exhausted. A couple days after we got back the swell turned up and delivered stand up barrels. Already thinking about next year.

Pacis, enjoy San Elijo. I should be down in the coming months and we need to surf together!

Artz and aussie-surfer like this.
  8. ClassicRider

ClassicRider Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    USA Washington
    Any body have knowledge or recommendations for surfing Nova Scotia. Family and I are taking a big road trip there before moving back to Oahu.

hankster and waveslider like this.
  9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Kpd73

10. waveslider

waveslider Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    USA California
    Lucky and lucky. I havent been up there in forever. My grandfather was born and raised in Joggins on the Bay of Fundy. No surf there, but so many good spots around Halifax and everywhere on that south shore. I'll let some of the experts give you the tips as I havent been in close to 15 years.

I'm heading to Oahu next Friday for a week and cant wait to shed the wetsuit.