Where is Joe Aaron now.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by davey, Aug 2, 2018.

1. davey

davey Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Haven't heard from him in years, is he still longboarding? Seems like he lost his way a while back but he sure could surf. Maybe Joel should invite him to the Duct Tape, let bygones be bygones.

2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Agree excellent longboarder. Could be his shameless self promotion excluded him from an invite. Like hanging 10 in a top hat always wearing a wetsuit with 30 colors.

Latte and Roach like this.
  3. davey

davey Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Haha, you're right but we all did goofy stuff when we were young, I think his dad probably was his main influence unfortunately.

Latte and robsawyer like this.
  4. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Yeah but those Joe Motion fins were awesome. I have them on several of my boards. Dorsal Fin Company sells them for a fraction of what Aaron's website sold them for.

5. davey

davey Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Agreed Peak, always thought those fins looked pretty good.

PeakMaster likes this.
  6. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    JMJackFish likes this.
  7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    A pox on surfing.

robsawyer likes this.
  8. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I may be alone in this, but not a fan of Joel’s tudor or many of the other “Pro” surfers that are in all the videos and poster boys for long boarding. There are some that are good people and fun to surf with, but my experience living and surfing on a couple of the most popular longboard spots around for a while is that they are self centered, entitled spoiled kids and they don’t change as they get older. They back paddle, drop in on you and think every wave is theirs. More often than not when you tell them that wasn’t cool, they or someone else will go on to explain who they are like that makes it alright. Think I saw Joe In the water maybe one time and he was doing his own thing out of the way.

Latte, Killafornia and PeakMaster like this.