What stoked you out today?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by seawell, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Surfertom

Surfertom Active Member

I had crappy little waves in El Porto with about 10,021 of my closest personal friends. But. I got one about thigh high that rode to the beach and gave me a couple of nice turns and cutbacks. Yay me. I am happy.

ST:cool:

2. OldSkool

OldSkool Member

Apr 18, 2007
    finnappy wrote:
    So...how does it ride?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Day two of surf lessons for one of my oldest friends, who is here from Chicago on a long-delayed visit. Steve has traveled the world mountaineering and white water kayaking, and he said that learning to surf is the most humbling physical activity he has ever tried.

Tomorrow, the pop-up!

4. rapier_96

rapier_96 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Enchilladas for dinner:cool:

5. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Watching old surf footage from when i was a kid! The pure stoke i had back then makes me want to be a kid again, ankle high was fine with me when i was 8!

6. scnate

scnate New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    My Three week old son slept through most of the night for the first time. To top it off my wife told me to go for a surf, so I got to surf my pig I finished right before he was born.

7. SuperKool

SuperKool New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    USA California
    Sweet bodysurfing at Guanos (Cannon Beach) this afternoon during the first half of the outgoing tide, ended up getting it all to myself after a half hour or so. I barely even ride my boards anymore unless I'm at a good spot in CA or it's one of those miracle days up here that seems like a good spot in CA but with less crowd. Seal imitation has really brought the stoke back for me in the pnw beachbreaks, hopefully I'll avoid getting bit until I move to Santa Cruz in a couple months lol.

The water is warm as hell up here (60ish) and we've had more good days in the last couple months than we did for the entire year before them.

8. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    The fact that I am about to watch The Neverending Story I and maybe even II with my incredible kids and take a step back in time and share a favorite movie from my childhood.

9. finnappy

finnappy Member

Aug 18, 2011
    USA New Jersey
    OldSkool wrote:
    It feels like your carrying a boat when taking it to the beach, but once it's in the water it is pure fun and the most stable board you could imagine!
    Thanks again for the help and just sent you a pm!

10. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    robsawyer wrote:
    Rob, if you get to SanO and see a grey dually Sprinter Van with Texas plates it's Sterling of the forum. Find him and tell him you are from Texas. He'll have something for you to ride.