What species are you?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Aug 4, 2018.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
  2. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Definately a sneaky long boarder. I am old and grumpy.

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    It should be noted that the Overly Involved Father can also take the form of a surf school instructor. Around here, we've got an abundance of:

Roaming Paddler (Sweepus ad thickenfloati tabula)

"A migratory species that sometimes travels long distances in search of wave prey, the Sweepus ad thickenfloati tabula will spot your waves from afar and encroach on existing lineup colonies, invariably snatching set waves away from all other species, often with wanton disregard to surfing etiquette. The Sweepus's buoyancy and higher vantage point is a great advantage in spotting prey before anyone else in the lineup, but it can also be its greatest weakness when taken by surprise by a steeper wave or caught inside. This species is a likely recipient of stinkeye from nearly all other species, even bodyboarders."

Basenji703 and FalseDawn like this.
  4. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Also the sworn enemy of a rarely seen but tenacious species, Olli subridens equitem inflatable

5. TonyPR

TonyPR Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Common tube hog... will consume everything resembling hollowness on either a surfboard, a mat, a bodyboard or bodysurfing. This species will prefer to ride a hollow close out as long as there is an inside view to any alternative that is not tubing...

6. LÜGEN

LÜGEN Active Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Oceanside
    I'm the guy who sits on the inside catching everything ridable. Also jumping on set waves when donkeys fall.

shadydave likes this.
  7. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I’ve been trying to create a new category for some time. Years are piling up but I still have the need to snag the best waves. Haven’t figured out the electric camo thing yet but I want some sort of stealth tactic. It’s for sure that aging appearance is a negative as, respect your elders only seems to work when the waves are crappy. Avoiding ‘paddle battles’ many times have me resembeling a bobbing cork. Please advise how I can use this to my advantage......

8. TonyPR

TonyPR Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Do what Owl Chapman does, get a 10’+ x 22” x 3.5-4” thick single fin gun, make sure it’s got thick down rails and is V to flat to V out the tail and also a pointy beak nose to scare people who might consider dropping in... basically a mean ass paddling beast catching machine.

Sit way outside and go for anything that will break the furthest outside and end up at the end of the reef, only perfect waves from point A to B and since they are perfect you don’t need a leash cause you won’t fall, this helps a bit with the intimidation factor... when hanging out on the beach use thick bottle butt eyeglasses and talk about far out weird shit, people will think you are blind and crazy...

DJR likes this.