what are people listening to today?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by SMUKES, Feb 6, 2013.

1. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Nah....NMA opened last night for them. Derek jumped in at the end of their set for a couple and Luther joined them later in the night. Two nasty slides on stage!!

Croweater likes this.
  2. Croweater

Croweater Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    The Smith Street Band.

These Aussie lads kill it.

3. Croweater

Croweater Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    More for your listening pleasure...

Classic small pub gig. Love those shows.

4. LogFather

LogFather Active Member

Jul 20, 2015
    USA
    unsure if anyone is a Neil Young fan on here but just found this site the other day via his instagram... needless to say I was lost and not to be found for a few hours scrolling and clicking away, enjoy

www.neilyoungarchives.com/

zippy likes this.
  5. ChuckyR

ChuckyR Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Got into White Buffalo due to this post and just saw him live in Tuesday night in Philly. Awesome show, thanks for the heads up on this guy. If you get the chance to see him live, do it.....

6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Those guys look like they'd be a gas to see live. Thanks Ben! And White Buffalo is pretty damn good. Thanks Chuck.

One of my favorite songs by a classic band that never made it big but should've. 'Mats, Answering Machine.

PS: The Replacements referred to themselves as the 'Mats after someone mistakenly thought the name of the band was
    "The Placemats", which they found hilarious.

Found a live version which is a little sloppy (as per usual for them at the time) but still affecting, to me at least.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Croweater likes this.
  7. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    I have an eclectic genre of music I listen to. Rock, soul, classical guitar, flamingo, Samba, African, reggae and of course Jazz. Lately go to fav..................The Rippingtons. Have all their albums and Russ Freeman just nails it. Craig Chaquico (founding member of the Starship) teams up with Russ to just take the binders off the load. Throw 'Curves Ahead', 'Black Diamond' or any compilation of Russ on the speakers and go surfing!

8. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005

what he said. today listening to Willie Nelson

9. surf4food

surf4food New Member

Feb 10, 2017
    San Diego
    For you San Pedro locals:

Igosurf likes this.