Wave park proposed to take place of Oceanside Swap Meet

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by MrChristmas, Jun 3, 2019.

1. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
  2. Human

Human Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oceanside
    I like Travis, but I don’t agree.

Croweater likes this.
  3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Talk about downplaying the "unfortunate illness"! More like someone actually died, which seems like more than just a hiccup. Also, it was most certainly from the water since that's how that type of incident happens. It's not like he caught that from a bad hot dog at the snack bar.

4. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Other wave park news is the Kelly Slater wave park planed for Palm Beach Fl is not going to happen. They told the county commission that approved the plans, that the ground water tables were too high on the ground on the land that they purchased.
    Seems to me that they would have done due diligence on the water table levels before closing on the land.

Dawnpatrol and Ticowannabe like this.
  5. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
  6. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    MIssion Viejo, California
    Let’s see... $75-$100 to surf in a concrete pool for an hour.

Or... drive a few miles and surf all day for $15 or less.

Does sound like a lose-lose.

Our twin boys both ended up in Arizona. A surf park is being built in Gilbert. One of our sons got ahold of them and asked about being an instructor. They told him he could pick his own hours. He’a got the temperament for this and he’s hoping that will get him access to some off-hours sessions. Sure beats a 6+ hour drive.

John

7. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    True dat.
    Ironically when they opened Big Surf (think it was called that) in Tempe waaaay back when, I was invited to go as part of the William Dennis Surf Team as an exhibition at the Grand Opening.

It was the same week end I could sail with some friends & my gf out to Santa Cruz Island. I went sailing...

8. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Good choice Bruce.