Water Container... Yea or Nay

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by 70s SanO, Dec 2, 2017.

1. supersteez

supersteez Member

Dec 22, 2013
    USA California
    If cheap is what you are after, just:

Step1= Buy a gallon jug of apple cider/juice from the grocery store. One of the jugs with thicker plastic.
    Step 2= drink the juice/cider until it is gone
    Step 3= fill with hot water and start using as your jug

The residue from the apple juice actually smells good.
    The jugs last me generally 1-2 years until I need a new one.

For mild west coast climate, this is my go to solution.

2. 306Bing

306Bing Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Ocean City, NJ/Media, PA
    If your age is under 30, not a chance. Age 30-45, maybe think about it. Over 45, was that really a question? Of course you can use it.

FalseDawn and 70s SanO like this.
  3. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA California
    LOL!!!

Being well into category 3, that is probably sound advice.

John

FalseDawn likes this.
  4. chris a

chris a Member

Feb 17, 2004
    I just use a few old laundry detergent plastic bottles. They are thick so they keep my rinse off water warm in winter. The Water doesn’t taste too good admittedly but I’m done with having more kids so it doesn’t matter.

5. LÜGEN

LÜGEN Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Oceanside
    I must be the only one who doesn't rinse off after surfing.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    I did give an indirect nay... so let's make that a direct version. Unless you're feeling particularly spunky today. Then, by all means, go for it.

I think I'd be less worried about the oil than all the weird additives that they put in it. So many other options - from fruit juice bottles to the colonoscopy model (not quite there yet, maybe someday I'll be a convert), heck even laundry soap bottles if you go with something vaguely natural.

Temperature here this morning was closer to twenty than thirty, so none of my water bottles got used.

7. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA California
    ... for the time being, I'm going to hold off on the oil containers. After the other one is emptied, I'll clean it out and let both sit for a while with Dawn liquid soap sitting in them. Have't completely given up the ghost, but I found 4 one gallon jugs on eBay for $15 shipped.

I appreciate the other suggestions. I just didn't want to wait to use up a couple gallons of laundry detergent.

John

8. deemce

deemce Active Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    If you do not want to wait, go to your local supermarket and buy two one gallon bottles of distilled water. For about $3 total you get the water and two jugs to use. Cant beat it.

9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I live 10-15 minutes from most breaks where I surf. Being retired means not having to go to a meeting or call on a customer after a surf. Rinse everything back at home base post surf.

10. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    filled with hot H20 before leaving the house when the air is 40 and the water 50, these work well enough for a winter time after surf rinse..if I can get my frozen, athritic f'n fingers to actually turn the key in the truck lock..lol
    [​IMG]