Wanted: Tyler Riddler

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by harboursurfer, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Jeff5f

Jeff5f New Member

Apr 7, 2006
    I call function. The squared off nose gives you a little extra rail to work with. It keeps the rails more parallel closer to the nose.

2. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    the other thing that was interesting to me is the amount of time that a substancial portion of the board appears to be under water. giving him weight/leverage on the tail.

3. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    I am absolutely certain the real secrete to the boards spectacular nosriding capabilities is the placement of the question mark on the deck...move it up an inch or two and that board will crash and burn every time.

4. ant

ant New Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Maybe if we change the question mark to an exclamation point we would end up with a noserider we could all hang ten off of.

5. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I finally got home from work and was able to watch the video clip attached earlier from you tube. Very impressive surfing for sure (i love the way Tyler controls a board with such ease and style at all times - his smooth stylish turns are so nice to watch), but i don't think he tip rides the Riddler as well as i have seen him lay it down on some of his other models (NOTE: his surfing in the clip was still outstanding). To me, the Riddler looked very tempermental and bobbish (corky almost), whereas when i have watched him throw around and control his more standard logs and lay down long noserides they look more flowish, so to speak. I don't have a clip to include here, but i seem to recall some excellent footage of him in the film "Fine Flow" (also includes Jimmy Gamboa, Matt Howard, Britney Leonard, etc).

To the Joel Tudor lovers + haters out there, i found this video made by my friend John Smart - Joel doing some Tae Kwandoe (he's done well i know in some of the world contests, good for him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PGKvF5GqD4&feature=related

He's actually more muscular looking in the legs than i would have thought. As someone who wrestled in Hs and college, I think Joel would have been annoying to have to wrestle against, he seems to have natural athleticism and good hips. I always hated wrestling the lanky kids with good hips. You'd get in deep on a take down, think you had the edge and next thing you know you have nothing!

6. BoardDesign

BoardDesign Member

Mar 14, 2007
    USA
    sbsurfer777 wrote:
    I would love to show you the video. Problem is I dont have one. My current fan club is low on members, matter of fact there is none. So, I'm having a hard time convincing them to shoot. What ever...

7. harboursurfer

harboursurfer New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    USA California
    Come on Jeph! Don't be shy, show off your board and your abilities.

8. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    BoardDesign wrote:
    I got an idea come to Santa Cruz and I will shoot you. I have quit a few guns that should work, just fine not matter how far you paddle out. Just kidding I would love to see some clips of you on your isis.

9. Tracks

Tracks Member

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    Zeph on his Isis at the 2007 SanO gathering. I believe Slosurf took the picture.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

10. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    Here's a couple more. I'm kinda embarrassed about the poor quality of the photos. I knocked some setting out of whack on my camera and didn't notice 'till I looked at the pics.

Attached files
    [​IMG]