Wall mounting heavy longboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by surfore, Aug 7, 2018.

1. surfore

surfore Active Member

Mar 2, 2004
    USA California
    Hi,

I looked a bit through the archives but I’d thought I’d reach out to see if there’s anything new over the counter out there that people are using to wall mount heavy longboards horizontally for display.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

2. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Although not new to the market, I recently bought a Hawaiian Gun Rack mount for horizontal display. It works and looks great in my opinion. They have different weight and wood options for surf or sup.

3. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
  4. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Hi Andrew,

I found these at local Surfride, they look great and let the board be the focus. You can have the board mounted either deck out (with fin toward wall) or bottom out. I contacted the owner in Dana Point and he had some of the 45 degree racks made from heavier stock for a couple of heavy boards I was considering hanging. I changed direction and only used one, PM if you are interested in the other.
    https://onthewallracks.com/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  5. Bru

Bru Member

May 27, 2014
    USA Rhode Island

Attached Files:

FalseDawn likes this.
  6. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I also have a set of; On The Wall Racks. They are super sturdy and are bolted to the wall studs, and will hold anything.They look good and are made in the USA.

7. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    USA Florida
    Regardless of brand and/or type, , , , please be sure that they are properly padded. A couple of years hanging in even nicely "rounded" racks will leave visible "marks" in the glass.

Here's a simple drawing to explain; even though everything looks "good" to the eye, this is what you get without padding.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Bru likes this.
  8. surfore

surfore Active Member

Mar 2, 2004
    USA California
    Thanks for all the replies. I’ve got some heavy boards and a lot of food for thought - especially making sure I get padded racks.

OCSURFER32 likes this.
  9. Eelgrass

Eelgrass Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Gansett, RI
    I've also used the Hawaiin gun racks for a couple HEAVY boards. May be way overkill, but i bought an extra set, so that each board is supported by 3 braces. Takes a little extra time to get the middle (3rd) rack positioned properly to accommodate the curve of the rail, but i felt like it was a cheap insurance policy.

10. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    The racks I spoke of come with soft clear plastic tubing/padding over the acrylic, also prevents any shifting of the board. Given the possibility of the earth shaking in California I'd look for a rack that supports well and prevents tipping/sliding.