UFCM

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Sep 30, 2018.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Seth left us a year ago, still remembered by many here. Here's hoping you and Ten Toes are getting great surf.

2. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Think about Seth every day. He was an awesome human.

OCSURFER32 likes this.
  3. joeblackuz

joeblackuz Active Member

Apr 15, 2005
    They were and are great guys.

4. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    West Palm Beach
    NJ L posted a very nice write up on Seth on FB i can't get on here !! Very Nice Pat

5. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Quick Seth Story. I knew Seth through surfing and met him a few times on trips to California. I'm from NJ so when he spent time at Princeton, he would come down to surf every now and then. Always a good time and I wish we did it more often. I thought we would have more time.

After done at Princeton, Seth was down in VA beach for a while. A fun swell was hitting NJ and he planned to come up to surf together. He asked when I was going and I remember saying something like "It should be best early, but I'll wait for you"

Next morning I was taking my time getting ready wondering what time Seth might get here only to look out the front window and see his truck in the street. It was probably 6am or so and I have no idea what time he got there but VA beach is about 6.5 hrs from me. He just shrugged it off and said something like "It's supposed to be good early so I didn't want to miss it"

We got some good waves and hung out a bit before he went on his way. At the time, I thought he always had something else to get to, but looking back on it I think he was just being polite and not staying too long. I should have insisted he stay longer.

I'm not sure if this photo is from that day, but its one of the spots we usually surfed in Spring Lake, NJ. Seth liked Cooperfish boards and always reached for my hornet. Over the years I let the board go, but after Seth passed, I was able to track it down with the help of a number of people and bought it back. Held onto the board for a while waiting for that special day and then surfed late September at the same spot as his photo. Waves weren't as good, but he did send some gems my way. Got there early just like Seth and I did and once the tide filled in I relaxed on the beach for a little while to take it all in.

Miss ya Seth man! Trying to live a full life in your honor.

seth pigdog.jpg
    spring lake.JPG
    sl.JPG

6. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Saw this on the facebook page, thought it was one of the tribe. Seth had nothing but good to say about his time back at Princeton, one of a kind guy.