Tudor Egg?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Salinity, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Anyone have any experience with a mid-length Tudor egg? Thinking about grabbing this one if things work out:

https://www.nynjsurf.com/forum/buy_...r_diamond_egg_7.0_trades_or_cash_42587.0.html

There's not a whole lot of info out there on these boards - this one seems like an older model based on the logo. I've been holding out for a 2+1 in the 7-0 range around this price point, but ran across this one and it seems like it could be a decent score (for the East Coast anyhow).

DKNJ likes this.
  2. Lycokayaker

Lycokayaker Active Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NJ
    I looked into this board as well and have almost bought it but keep holding off. From what limited info I could gather it needs a wave in the chest high plus with some shape to it. I have been back and fourth on the board as it seems like it would have limited use for me as when the waves are like that would want something else..... Maybe im completely wrong on what it needs....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  3. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Yeah - that sort of info is kind of what I’m after - I want to make sure it will have some decent utility. I have a 7-8 single that is my primary board in waist + Surf, but I’m looking for something a bit shorter and slightly more foiled for the punchier days. Wave shape is another matter altogether.

4. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    It's modeled after a Takayama flow egg iirc. diamond tail is a nice bonus.
    seems like a good board for a great price if its anything like the pics. I suspect it goes fine in average surf in the waist plus range. better would be better not sure why would you want to ride something like this in anything less. at $325 you would be hard pressed to not get your money back if you hated it - suprized kpd isnt frothing on this yet maybe he dont like red boards

DKNJ likes this.
  5. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Thanks Cuda - good info. I got some additional pics from the seller (deck free of wax etc) and it looks pretty clear of major blemishes. I have a lingering fear of delams, but I agree if it’s clean it should be a decent low-risk acquisition.

6. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Who shaped it ? If it weren’t tax season I’d send my accountant brother over to check it out. He’s in fort green. Looks like a perfect chest to overhead egg.

7. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Not sure - doesn’t appear to be a name on the board from what I can tell in the pics.

8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    I'm trying my best to keep this backyard Beauty Pageant with a penchant for ER visits I've got going to 4 contestants and currently have a surprisingly versatile 7' single fin red head with beautiful cream colored skin handling all my better high end business.

As for that Tudor, you seem pretty well covered on performance advice, but the moment you start the feel the twinges of logistical headaches, let it go.
    I know it's only NY, and some of these go smoothly, some don't.
    A great board for the price but $325 can turn into $400 real fast with late night driving, traffic and tolls.
    Warmer weather is coming faster than expected and almost all marine prognostications point towards a really active spring.
    I've also seen an uptick in equipment quality round these here parts that we surf, so local deals of a higher and possibly more versatile caliber are on their way. Do you really need two 7' single fins?- Drinking advice from an alcoholic.
    If you're Really heartset and stoked on this, shoot me a PM or text 401-408-5729
    I've got a board I need to get to Connecticut, a skateboard to Rye NY, and a board to pick up in Babylon Long Island.
    I know other dudes here as well need things moved so if I can score a suitable vehicle and some gas $ - I may do an old school Cannonball Run here.
    Find me if you need me.

9. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    If you pass, send me his email. I have a 6’6 mini gun that’s been ridden 3-4x max. That’s what he requested in a trade. If he would
    Take $100 off the board, the Tudor would be put to use on the east end. Unfortunately, my mini guns free ride to Brooklyn just left about an hour ago.

10. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Sage advice for sure. Slighpoint offered to help out, so we’ll see what happens. On some of the bigger days when I’m out on the 7-8, I have found myself wanting something a bit shorter, maybe slightly more foiled, but not markedly different (or totally unfamiliar).

If things work out with this one and I get a massive itch to have her in my hands and decide to make the drive, I’ll hit you up and see if I can help out with any of the pending deliveries.