Today, Sept 11

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by unfrozencaveman, Sep 11, 2008.

1. unfrozencaveman

unfrozencaveman New Member

Feb 23, 2007
    USA California
    Today (9/11) offers Americans a sense of commonality, much the same way that surfing does.

It is good to share ideas, without focusing, at least for a minute, on the things that might otherwise separate us. What happened seven years ago does that - makes us realize the existence of, and foster a shared experience with each other.

There are many public servants on this particular forum from firemen and policemen to teachers to soldiers. And today we remember, painfully, the unhappy occurences on the East Coast seven years ago; but also, that we share a common understanding beneath much of the political and social fray of today.

We are brought together to a happy, even momentary understanding.. as surfing can bring folks together for a good moment here and there..

I am enclosing a photo, one of the difficult outcomes from this new world we live in.. one of several buddies coming home.

Warm regards on 9/11,
    To everyone on the TX coast, be safe!
    From Iraq,
    unfrozencaveman

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. surforexic

surforexic New Member

May 12, 2008
    Trinidad and Tobago
    an eloquent remembrance from an ufc...my thoughts and prayers are with all public servants, thank you

3. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
  4. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
  5. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
  6. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
  7. tentoesed

tentoesed New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    A profound thanks to those who serve to protect.

8. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    A profound thanks to all of those who lost their lives trying to help on 9/11 and ever since in protecting us from terrrorism.

9. runlong

runlong Member

Nov 5, 2007
    mhc904 wrote:
    Amen. There are many fronts and many serving in various capacities.

10. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    I was driving by Pepperdine in Malibu this morning after my surf and saw one of the most beautiful sights I have witnessed since moving to California; they have installed over 3,000 3'x5' American Flags across the front lawn of the university as a memorial to those fallen on 9/11.

The photos don't do it justice- to walk among that many flags on a day like this is second only to walking Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day (something I highly recommend).

Here is a shot and the link to more:

[​IMG]

http://www.socalsurfshotz.smugmug.com/gallery/5947417_CbV3M#370646255_smMXv

AF