Thomas Fire.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by miscreant, Dec 5, 2017.

1. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    thoughts with Ventura folk.

Igosurf and northbeachboy like this.
  2. icecreamheadache

icecreamheadache Active Member

Jan 14, 2006
    View from my house last night during the evacuation order we drank beer through because the traffic jams were too intense to even pull out of a driveway. It’s burning the other side of the valley tonight while looters are going through houses of the evacuees...

Attached Files:

3. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

Wow.

4. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    Two of my children had to evacuate do to the fire's in the north bay area. Honestly it was scary as fuck up here, and can't think of anyone I know in the area that wasn't affected in some way.

It all looks too familiar.
    My hope is this thing goes away fast! Our thoughts are with the people of so-cal.

5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Good grief man. That's one scary photo and I've seen a lot of other ones and equally scary and heartbreaking video. Hoping the winds die and the brave firefighters attacking this blaze can get it under control.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Member

Holy :eek:......wishing my best to all in the area! Can't imagine seeing that out my window.

7. FirstPointEric

This has gone haywire overnight. Just got a call from my folks: a new fire has broken out and this one is now ablaze in West LA. They're getting valuables in boxes and getting them in the trunks of their cars. Evac order hasn't been issued yet, but residents were told to be ready to move.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-brentwood-fire-20171206-story.html

http://www.lafd.org/alerts

http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents

A lifetime of memories--and all my surfboards, minus one--are there. Fuck.

Below: along the 405 in the Sepulveda Pass a few hours ago

IMG_3012.JPG

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. FirstPointEric

More recently this morning also in the Sepulveda Pass:

IMG_3014.JPG

9. pintail

pintail Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    I work as a volunteer with the LA Sheriff Dept Arson Watch patrol. What they don't mention on these reports is that 95% of these are from people tossing cigarettes out of car windows or at lookouts, and that's illegal. I've stopped many people smoking in brush areas and get photos of their license plates. Just sucks. Cigarettes should be outlawed in this state. (Or give these idiots more cigarettes free if they smoke them continuously and we get rid of them that way.)

Croweater and LÜGEN like this.
  10. russneversleeps

russneversleeps New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    I saw on the reports that it was close, but that looks insane.

Stay safe. It's easy to say from here, but seriously...