This Year's SanO Gathering

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by grush, Feb 13, 2009.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    My crew was at Leo Wed and then Sun Night. We got some real small clean fun waves Wed before dark.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. surflugen

surflugen Member

Mar 17, 2006
    USA California
    Thanks for holding the meet-up an the open invitation. My family had a great time. We did not get a chance to be very social as we spend so much time watching the kids and surfing. Those that I did meet, it was a great pleasure. You are all so very nice and its a nice to build up that surfing network to share water time with. I hope to find all of you in the water to share some waves in the future - even in TX and a Great Lake if possible. Thanks again to GT and his family and Jason and his for making my kids have a blast playing at the beach. My kids get so bored with us surfing sometimes ("surfing again? Dad, that is all you ever talk about.") lol

Here a few pics I took. Kind of random but did not have time to concentrate as my youngest was sick and being very needy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    It was great to see everybody again and those that were not able to make it, I hope to see you next year. I had an absolute blast from cutting my foot at Malibu and wearing one sock all weekend, to Gene's great party, to surfing fun clean waves almost every morning, to seeing Myles pull up in the Triton V10 with a billion boards, to eating Sneakytermites vietnamese sandwichs, to NJL thinking he can cook better bacon than me, to GT and his wife's wonderful breakfast, to surfing with all the laketards again, to dealing with an idiot at Amtrak and pretending I was a Fire Marshall from the federal government to get him to ship my board, to eating Sunday brunch at Dukes Malibu, and just hanging out with lots of great folks. Looking forward to doing it again.:D

4. Sneakytermite

Sneakytermite New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    USA California
    Hope that foot gets better soon Matt!

5. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks. Its already better. I think I used 2 bottles of peroxide over the camping weekend so amazingly, with the power of my one sock, I managed to keep it clean.

6. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    Elvis just left the building. Fun fun fun. Will write more later when I can do so legally.

7. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    Wow just got home today Oct 1st to 11th surfed every day except today surfed Sano point, four doors, dogpatch,doheny on two windy days one where the outer reef was breaking never seen that before,swammis,15th street del mar twice on small days as the beach held some size and form with the high tides,san elijioe turtles and 88/60's.got to surf with all the jammers and some new ones sterling up at the point at least twice or more,that silk dude from Delaware where ever that is,sneaky termite the man with the best sammy ever,miles the man with the van full boards loved that Boss miles and the Tom wegener sure works better at 10'4" than 9'6' for me thanks miles and i think i didn't ding any of them.Gene's party was a blast SHHHWWINNNGG,Gnar Gnar and was that you smukes the food was the bomb and free beer:shock: ended the trip down at sacred craft good to see zeph out and about and matt and margret,got to test ride one of john wegeners alia's and some gato boards saturday morning at 15th street for those of you who missed it you should come next year always a good trip for the Laketards special thanks to ned and jd and D123 and pilates joe in helping me get the lance carson and spherical revolver to the gathering.
    Mango Bill

8. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    PPS best call ever. My bud and I got the Queen on Thur. hot sunny, warm water I trunk it we had a blast. TK for the heads up and great call. High point of the trip for us. Jim and I have not surfed there together since 1964. I can't say which was the best but I can say back in '64 we did catch a lot more waves.
    pierpont-scott wrote:

9. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    OK guys I have a few people that ordered tee shirts that have not paid, and a few that were over ordered. The cost of shipping jumped and I 'm sorry to say that it is like $5.00 per shirt shipping, + $10 per shirt for the shirt. First come first served.

10. ted

ted Member

Aug 25, 2008
    USA California
    my check is in the mail.
    I hope this one makes it to you.
    thanks for taking care of the t-shirt order.
    t