The Perpetual Flothru

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by sonOsea, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    in marcs gift book hes got a shot from mid 60s with a flow through shadow interesting to know its a design thats been around a while

2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Welcome to the party!

We built these fins and called them what we did as a result of Marc’s early fin. Marc made me a board with the fin in it, I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to try it in other boards.

3. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    This thing keep popping into my thoughts.
    Any updated ride reports?
    Been some east coast swell to play with it.

4. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I had it for about a month here in Virginia Beach and passed it on to SharkB8. I rode it several times in my 10' Phillips pig. I liked the fin but over all I like the ride of the pig better with a Trueames 10.5" volan 4A. The flothru was looser then a regular D fin in the turns and still had excellent stability while in trim, over all an improvement over a D fin. I do have a Trueames D fin for my JP pig and after a time went back to the 4A. I feel a D fin is only better while trimming near the nose or on the nose but a 10.5" 4A is close in this regard. Over all I like the ride of a raked fin over a D fin. I think someone who only rode D fins would like this fin for its looser feel. A nice fin but not a game changer.

Tlri likes this.
  5. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    After deemce I had the fin for a time and never posted, getting caught up in the IG thing. When I looked back at the pics it was end of April and into June. I surfed it in my FCD Beavertail (parallel railed NR) and passed it on to stoked friends. All pretty similar reviews. Some talented longboarders rode it too. Everyone was surprised how well this fin works and holds even on a steep wave face. Not a lot of drive off the bottom but a nice smooth turning fin and decent noserider. Board in one pic is a JQ Black Rose.

Flo Through 1 04292018.JPG Flo Through 2 06042018.JPG Flo Through 3 06042018.JPG

DKNJ, Tlri and DJR like this.
  6. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I had it and never used it, since I don't have a pig any more. Talked to Roadmaster and decided to pass. It wouldn't work on what I'm riding now. SharkB8 has it.

DKNJ and Tlri like this.
  7. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Any updates on this fin?

8. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island