The Future Is Now !

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Freddibetts, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Active Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
  2. pintail

pintail Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    That looks like an excellent design. Would be nice to have one board for traveling up and down the coast that could be modified for whatever the wave conditions are.

3. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    My dream was to have one board I love that I can raise and lower the rocker of at will. I wonder if these could be made to do that...

4. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I'm surprised they didn't mention the Pope Bisect in there. It actually looks kind of neat, and sort of an interesting thought to be able to change out the business end of the board depending on conditions. Especially for shortboards. I wonder how often the forward rails are compatible with the rails near the tail... meaning will it compromise the functionality of the rail to have to make it always match up with the front half? (I feel like I should know this, but I haven't spent nearly as much time feeling up rails on shortboards as I have on longboards.)

5. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    I got to meet Tom up here a few years ago. Definitely a guy that thinks outta da box. Tried his swizel board he loaned me for a few rides and really didn't care for it but hey! different templates for different folks eh? This breakdown design with it's nuances is interesting and like Chilly said, Pope Bisect been around (I've owned one) as well as others so the break down is nothing new. We'll see how Thomas's design does (sale and performance wise).

6. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Pope defended his bi-sect patent like a pissed off bull dog..with the patent now expired, someones going to fill the untapped market for functional, sectional surfboards in a case.

Meyerhoff's boards always tend towards expensive and extreme..look for a company like Firewire to develop a fully functional, reasonable cost lineup.

I literally spent thousand$ transporting quivers around the world over the decades, got into heated arguments with counter personal on board charges (no, there's only two boards in the bag..uh, you counted 3?), paid entrance and exit fees to corrupt airport officials, sweated gallons galloping through terminals dragging board bags to the next connection, and arrived at destinations with my quiver MIA..a dialed flex/foil, sectional, durable surfboard in a relatively compact plastic case with wheels that goes as normal baggage? Sign me up, I'll get my soul board fix when I get back home..