Takayama/Hawaiian Pro Designs Board ID?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by joepoko, Feb 6, 2018.

1. joepoko

joepoko New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    what's going on fellas. first post on here. board is 9' 2" and was saved out of a storage container in long island for a very chill $60. 2 +1 setup. looking for an ID on the board. this is the only photo i've got of the board currently. needs a little love to get water tight but we'll get it there. thanks dudes.

[​IMG]

Bighouse likes this.
  2. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Josh Baxter model, probably early-mid 90s. Josh was on tour when there was actually such a thing as a "longboard" tour, though it was all lightweight 2+1. DT was Josh's board sponsor. Josh was/is a solid surfer--to be sure--and son of 60s great Jackie Baxter.

Nice find. Congrats joepoko.

3. joepoko

joepoko New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    so now, after a couple of months of "hmmm i may not get to this anytime soon," as well as acquiring a 9'0" minty phoenix board, anyone got an idea on what one of these would go for if i relisted it? or is there anyone on here that would be interested in trades or buying it? would rather work towards paying off some of those college loans...

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    how much $$ is the cobra? factory five?

306Bing likes this.
  5. joepoko

joepoko New Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    yeah man! not mine, my dad's. he got it as a started project from a very, very, very wealthy doctor who got into some very, very, very big problems causing him to sell his very, very, very expensive project for a very, very, very good price to my pops. it's got brand new everything in it, crate motor, brand new independent suspension, brembos...i've only been around the corner in it in second gear and it's quick as lightning.

6. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Have your pops sell to me for a great price and then put the money towards your loans. Only kidding (unless he is willing and the price is great)

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.