surfer dies from wave pool water exposure

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Sep 30, 2018.

1. glider_boy

glider_boy Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    SD
    I have not, though numerous friends have. Reviews from my former surf buddies there are mixed (and bear in mind, TX surfers are not known for having high standards wave-wise). I have been told repeatedly that the action of catching the wave is weird and unlike ocean waves but it's kinda fun once you are up and going.

Also, they do not allow single fins over 7" (due to concerns with the liner) so real logs are not an option. I'll probably try it at some point when back in TX on business but I'm in no hurry to drop the $90.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see Miscreant's post and assumed this was directed at me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

I did not. We rolled through there on my way to visit family and friends in Austin. I was hoping to go in, buy a beer and heckle people from the pier thingy. We never even passed through the gate. I didn’t want to sign a stupid waiver and pay $5 to stand on the pier, as they weren’t even selling beers. The place was ridiculous.

The quality of the wave had me stoked though. It look super shredable for a pig.

JMJackFish and Chilly Willy like this.
  3. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    USA Florida
    More-or-less very common in fresh-water lakes here in Florida. Problem is when people stir up the bottom and then submerge towards the bottom. No more lakes for me, , , , ,.

4. LB LIZARD

LB LIZARD Member

Mar 22, 2007
    USA California
    Never ever swallow the water. If you do, Garrgle with Pine Lysol. It works really good‍♂️