Surf BBQ - Central, NJ

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by NJ Longboarder, Aug 14, 2006.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I think the early fall is a good time for a NJ get together. The last few times I did this, the turnout was very limited, but let’s give it another try. The first weekend I am free is October 7th and 8th, so I am opening up my house for a post surf BBQ/party. The summer crowds will be gone and October is usually a good time for waves. We can meet up at the beach for a surf and then head back to my place in Neptune, NJ (about 1.5 miles from the beach). We can do the whole surfboard swap thing and I will open up my entire collection (except for a select few) for everyone to try out. If the surf is mellow, we can bring out the vintage toys as well.

I will supply all the food and drinks, and I think it would be a good idea to take donations for joemac.net. Feel free to invite your friend, but I have a smaller house, so let's try to keep it low key and mellow.

I have to check with the wife, but I don't think the neighbors would mind a tent community in my tiny backyard if we want to make this a mini SanO' (since I can't make it out there).

All of those that are interested, PM me your email address and I will start an email chain. We have plenty of notice here, so the lame excuses of having to cut your grass that day or having to get a hair cut will not be tolerated.:D

2. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    I'm in. I committed to last year but right about that same weekend, my car up and died. So this year, I'll be there.

NJL, are you sure you really have any boards? Just kidding.:D

3. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    So my excuse of me having to cut my toe nails isn't going to fly?;)

4. NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
    Smokey wrote:
    I've given you a full month and a half to schedule your pedicure. I am sure your toes will look just fine for that weekend.

5. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    Allright, I'm in then.:p

6. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

Silk123 wrote:
    Yeah, cause if you don't have at least 7 you're not qualified to have a "Surf BBQ" :shock::shock:

Well as long as I am not in SC that week, It sounds great. The 7th for sure, the 8th is Mom's B-Day, so I doubt it.

7. NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
    T-Bone wrote:
    I can guarantee more than 7 boards will be there.

T-Bone - I can understand the mom's b-day thing. That's preventing me from going to SanO. My sister's b-day is on spet 21st and my mom's on sept 23rd, so that weekend will always be booked.

8. harry

harry Member

Dec 16, 2004
    USA New York
    NJ, how far is that from the outerbridge crossing? I'm off that weekend and would like to go and meet some of the joisey boys

9. NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
    harry wrote:
    I would say I am about 45 mins from the outerbridge. I am close to exit 98 on the parkway. Maybe you could carpool with someone if its too far. All are welcome.

10. harry

harry Member

Dec 16, 2004
    USA New York
    not far at all, im in