Stolen Frye Fish/ New member

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by FryedGuy, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Rinconryder

Rinconryder Member

Nov 30, 2015
    hullogfish wrote:
    That is funny. Nothing worse than stealing someone's board, especially a gem like a Frye. Bad bad karma.

2. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    On the lookout in north county power plant and tamarack

3. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    hullogfish wrote:
    This. I found a friends board after 7 months of searching. Print photos to give to Roper and Bird. Keep an eye on steal it again sports, my buddies board was stolen in OB and was found in Vista.
    And welcome to the forum!

4. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Active Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    thats a dooshy thing to happen, I got rockaway NY covered for you, Just in case !:D

5. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Play it again, at least the one in Vista, was ZERO help. Down ride said, "I dont care!" pawn shops has similar reactions, but I made flyers with the pic of the board and gave i to them anyway.

6. MalibuShuffle

MalibuShuffle New Member

Jan 28, 2014
    FryedGuy - if you haven't already, make sure you file a police report. Any re-seller that ends up with the board is going to want to see one before they give you the board back.

I'm speaking from experience on this - my first board was a gorgeous Trestle Special shaped by Mike Marshall that I purchased used from Stewart's. Turned out the board was stolen, and I ended up having to give it back to its rightful owner, Kio (aka Yellow Rat). Without a copy of Kio's Police Report, I would've been shit outta luck.

I've also had 3 boards stolen (which I then recovered), but that's a longer story...

7. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    hullogfish wrote:
    Yeah my friend had to call the cops at the vista location (he had a copy of the police report and his first and last name written on the stringer). He was furious. The guy obviously knew he was buying stolen goods from a meth head. They aren't helpful at all but if you drop by sporadically and set up searches on Craigslist that search for "play it again" you'll hopefully get results.
    I know 3 people in PB and OB who had stolen boards end up at steal it again.

8. tc96707

tc96707 Member

Feb 3, 2016
    USA Hawaii
    I wonder if the surfboard industry can adopt using a microchip chip system like that used on dogs and cats? Or a miniature GPS device implant with find my surfboard APP?

9. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Cosmos, Craigslist and Amtrak- Covered.

:dude:

10. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Active Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    Remember reading an article a few years back

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SBT-Surfboard-Tracker-Surfboards-Windsurfing/dp/B006OEAJIE