SPEED WOBBLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Skate' started by enlongated land surfer 52, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Drumhead Buddha

Drumhead Buddha New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Nepal
    ok

can i get it with pueblo colors

2. lonedog

lonedog New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA California
    how about the diversity rainbow budda??

3. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    enlongated land surfer 52 wrote:
    not only should your weight be more forward when bombing, but you should move your whole stance forward. when i bomb on my 60", my front foot is damn near on the screws. this helps in keeping your board more stable. as you get better at adjusting your weight, you can gradually move your foot back...but try moving up, it helps.

4. wanderer

wanderer New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA Texas
    I am 5-8 and about 165. A couple months ago I looked at all the posts about the longboard skates over on the surf side of this forum. And I emailed with the guys at Jam.

My choice was their Iguana and it is awesome. Smooth ride, turns easy. Like Drumhead buddha. I dont go too fast. I am not great on it but it sure is fun to ride. I drive an SUV, and it goes in ok, but those 80" sticks would mean I had to fold down seats even to carry it around easily.

I dont really know the comparison between the Iguana and the Tuna.

Good luck...

5. Drumhead Buddha

Drumhead Buddha New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Nepal
    so far i have ruined two pair of khakis, 1 dress shirt, 1 pair of dress shoes, 1 cell phone goin too fast and now i have a chunck of my right foot missing from a backside rail grab goin to slow?

r railgrabs uncool? i heard they were at pipeline but does that apply to tunas?

i give myself an B+ to date

too much fun!!!!!

6. wanderer

wanderer New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA Texas
    That's funny, DhB. I havent ruined anything cuz I only wear already ruined stuff on the skate!

7. gcs

gcs Member

Mar 7, 2004
    USA
    I got a gravity hyper-carve and have mainly been cruising on it and taking medium grades downhill - love the feel. However, I took it on the most serious downhill yet this weekend, thought I was going to come off when the dreaded wobble started, I really conscioususly relaxed my legs to try and soak it up and made it but it felt pretty hairy. I will try and get further forward next time to see if that helps. Should I tighten the trucks? (I have no idea how tight they should be and have not messed with it since I got it) The trucks are dart and the wheeels are 76 fumanchu. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

8. longboardmaster

longboardmaster Administrator Staff Member

Feb 14, 2004
    Tighten up the kingpin on the trucks for speed/downhill. Loose for carving. Experiment, but it's a rule of thumb.

9. photonicgirl

photonicgirl New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    USA New York
    Well, you got full on pads dude? Knees, elbows, wrist guards, gloves, helmet? Just in case?

I'm sure these other guys can tell you more about the dreaded wobble...but if it's starting up, you might consider dropping closer to the ground. I got closer with krackedskulls.com. It's a whole different world when you are near the road.

Peace.

Jules

10. gcs

gcs Member

Mar 7, 2004
    USA
    photonicgirl wrote:
    No - as I get older I get more stupid! That very thought started going through my mind when the wobble started - I think that is why I made it, kinda like surfing without a leash! Seriously though, I will invest in some.