SPEED WOBBLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Skate' started by enlongated land surfer 52, Mar 22, 2006.

1. enlongated land surfer 52

enlongated land surfer 52 New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Recently me and some of my friends decided to bomb some seriouse hills on a bike trail two of my friends are pretty ruffed up and i just know im next i have came close to wrecking because of speed wobble and i want to know how to stop it, i tried tightening my trucks but it still wobbled is there anything i can do????:(

2. sc-longboarder

sc-longboarder New Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA South Carolina
    what kind of board?length,trucks,wheels?need more info to answer your question.

3. enlongated land surfer 52

Mar 20, 2006
    Sector Nine Bamboo 2005 46", Randall two trucks 180mm, 70mm nineball wheels; hope u can help me.......thanx!!:cool:

4. longboardmaster

longboardmaster Administrator Staff Member

Feb 14, 2004
    Tighten up your trucks even more. Check the bushings- might need something more dense for downhill. Also, the 70mm wheels are a bit small for serious downhill, especially if you're a bigger rider.

5. enlongated land surfer 52

Mar 20, 2006
    thanx longboardmaster it really helped!!! also i have noticed that if i have most of my weight forward i feel like i have more controll when bombing......... and u seem like somebody with experience, what would pick a gravity or a sector nine longboard ????

6. longboardmaster

Feb 14, 2004
    HAHA, you're kidding right? I have skated Sector 9s and Gravity, but for bombing downhills there's nothing like a Silverback or Python. Ask some of the guys on this BB- they have 'em and will tell you.

7. Drumhead Buddha

Drumhead Buddha New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Nepal
    lbn

i am gunna be 51 yrs am 5.9" and about 150lbs

just started skatinboardin last year but more seriously this year

i gotta cheep small board at walmart now i am havin fun and improvin and i am

seeing an improvement in my surfin and tryin to crossstep on the little board. i skate

downhill at parks and new construction home developements, and slalom in the

parkin lots. i dont where protection nor do i go super fast .

so, a tuna looks like the ticket to me cause a like to turn 180 at the ends of my rides

and turn backside too but u guys seem to like the bigger(80) boards. i cant fathom

carryin an 80 back up or anywhere for that matter nor can i figure how u can turn

one around a corner.

what do YOU recommend for me for long medium grade asphalt hills, slalom, turning

and beginner cross stepping

thanx

DB

8. longboardmaster

Feb 14, 2004
    DB, a Tuna is the ticket for the type of riding you want to do. Lightweight to carry, excellent carving, cruising, slalom, and downhill capability. At 60" it's longer than any of the big brand boards out there, so you'll be able to walk the deck easily. Plus you'll get plenty of admirers wanting to know where you got it.

9. Drumhead Buddha

Drumhead Buddha New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    Nepal
    ok

can i get it in rastafarian colors?

10. burquerider

burquerider New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    USA New Mexico