Space Time?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by bfat, Mar 8, 2019.

1. bfat

bfat New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Hey all,

Has anyone ridden any Space Time boards? Found them through Noah Ka Oi's website. Don't much about Space Time beyond what's easy to find on the Internet. Curious to get jamboard's take.

https://www.spacetimesurfboards.com/

BrazilButtNut likes this.
  2. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    Not sure if you've seen this video, but I really love this guy's style. I met him once in a surf shop and he took a ton of time to talk to me about his boards as well as other boards from shapers he knew. I got a really good impression from him.

I'm pretty sure he was a sculptor turned surfboard sculptor. A lot of his boards are stringerless/eps/carbon styles. I've also seen a few in person and the build quality is really good. I haven't surfed one though. I mostly just surf used boards and these rarely pop up. If one did though, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

glider_boy, bfat, Planktom and 2 others like this.
  3. glidewaves

glidewaves Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA New Jersey,Maryland
    You just gotta love the folks we encounter in this whole surfing thing.

4. bfat

bfat New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Brazilbuttnutt, really like the surfing in the video. Glad to hear Alrik was a good guy. Intrigued by a few of his boards, especially the Are Two de Too. Think you can see the Are Two around 3:30 in the video. I'm also generally in the used board boat. I did find this bad boy: https://daydreamsurfshop.com/collections/surfboards/products/50-spacetime-are-two-dee-too-used

Too small for me, never gone that short. Not cheap cheap, but could be great fun for someone in Cali ...

5. BrazilButtNut

BrazilButtNut Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Ventura, CA
    Oh wow, that's actually not a bad price. I originally met him at daydream. The owner there knows a lot about his boards as well, so if you did go there in person he could give you a lot of info. Or maybe you could reach out online as well.

5'0 is pushing it for me too.. That's probably a pretty good place to look though, the Daydream used section. That might be the only used one I've seen out here.

Yeah, his surf style is so funky and cool. Haha, love when people surf in their own way like that!

bfat likes this.
  6. bfat

bfat New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Might be in SoCal later this spring. If so, I'll definitely stop by daydream. Might email Alrik too. Thanks Brazil...

7. MJB

MJB Member

Aug 13, 2013
    SD
    Saw a couple of his models at Thalia last year, nice shapes & build quality. Almost bought one but not fond of stringerless.

bfat likes this.
  8. bfat

bfat New Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    MJB, what's your take on stringerless? Never tried, but part of my interest in Space Time. Interested in the combination of flex and a flatter style board, maybe a mini simmons or fish. Looked at some Vernor and Pendoflex too. But I am a goon with limited intelligence who has only surfed a few mid-lengths and fishes. You think stringerless = weaker board? Too responsive? Not responsive enough?

9. MJB

MJB Member

Aug 13, 2013
    SD
    I don't have any direct experience with stringerless. If I were buying a whole quiver, sure, throw one in to try it!
    There are devotees who love the flex and lightness of them. But I personally don't buy new boards too often and tend
    to stick with designs that are (for me) known entities. That and they seem more prone to snap without the wood.

bfat likes this.