Solite Boots

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by changeissimple, Apr 17, 2018.

1. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Has anyone had experiences with these boots. They are blowing up all over my social media and google targeting ads. Wondering if they are worth exploring? Looking for first person experiences.
    https://soliteboots.com/

2. Knots

Knots Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    USA Southern New Jersey
    Ordered through a friend's shop. Me 10.5, Rep said order a 10. Arrived with instructions to fill with hot water so you could mold them to your feet. Very lightweight, but no stretch and no heel loop to help get on. Tried test fitting dry, prior to doing the mold to my foot thing, no joy. Couldn't get close to getting boots on my feet. The lack of stretch was disappointing. Gave em back to my friend and they were snatched right up. Reports from friends vary from very good to just OK. I'd read how awesome they were but did not encounter that myself. I'll be sticking with my old Pataguchi boots till they're toast.
    Aloha

3. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    I've been wearing them for most of the winter and I like them a lot. Way better than the Xcel drylocks I had previously that stretched way out of size and ended up with odd lumps in the foot bed (not even sure what caused that). I wear between a 9.5 and 10, ordered the size 9's. Before forming them I could not get into them like knots mentioned. After going through the molding process they fit pretty well, although it rubbed funny on a couple of toes for the first two sessions. Now they fit great. I like that the sole is a hard rubber and not neoprene. It makes walking over rocks more comfortable and I can feel the board underneath the feet. The sock liner is key for easy on and off of the boots as you'll want them to fit tight. I did find that the sock that comes with the size 9 was too small for my foot and ordered the larger sock and now that fits good. The 6mm pros do have a heel loop and strap as well as a drylock fit at the entry point. The owner posted that he has several other projects he is working on including gloves. It's cool to support an innovator and new brand especially when they have a good product. One big name brand was licensing the tech, but not sure if they are continuing to sell them. They are also really light and so I don't mind wearing them in 55+ water where a 6mm isn't really needed. I wouldn't be too concerned with getting the 6mm with all of the features for warmer temps.

Have fun!

4. davesburgers

davesburgers Member

Sep 4, 2015
    USA New York
    The Velcro on my friends was shot after his first use

5. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    read a review that they didnt have great traction on rocky surfaces - deal breaker for me - oh and $90... really?
    Love for someone to get with engineering a heated 5mm. Hell, I'd be stoked on boots or gloves that last a full season before leaking

JMJackFish likes this.
  6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Funny, I was just discussing Solites with a coworker. It seems to me that boots are one of the more "consumable" parts of the wetsuit. They eventually leak, the pull tab can tear off, and most of all, they also get all funky even if you rinse them properly. I'd be more likely to put $90 towards two sets of Hyperflex boots and get a full refresh with that brand new neoprene smell once it starts leaking.

michael likes this.
  7. Gill

Gill Active Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Spring Lake Heights, NJ
    I agree, I would rather spend less... plus I’m pretty cheap lol

But my booties usually last a couple of years (unlike gloves) so investing in a good 6mil boot may not be out of the question- but I noticed on the website it says:

• 1mm vulcanized rubber sole pods for barefoot board feel, grip, and abrasion resistance.

So- for those who have seen then or have them, is there only 1mm of rubber on the bottom of you feet, or is it 6mm of neoprene then 1mm of “rubber”??? If they where only 1mm on the bottom- I wouldn’t get them