So WTF..?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    Friend just came back from a surf trip, showed me the cringe worthy damage done to his relatively new LB's by the airlines in spite of a heavily padded travel case...

Electric cars, space stations, watch computers, factory made shell boards..and we still don't have a well built two piece longboard for travelling...ideally contained in a hard shell upright wheeler with big letters on it stating "Expo Stand" so the blood sucking baggage nazi's at the counter have to withhold their proboscis..

the patent for the Bi-sect expired years ago, so Pope and his son can no longer threaten companies doing R&D with lawsuits as they previously did..

so where the hell is that relatively affordable, reasonable model selection, high tech 'make it easier on us' when travelling two piece board? Lib Tech, Firewire, whoever, are you listening?

2. waveslider

waveslider Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    USA California
  3. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    No worries anymore
    Ride a wavestorm !!

4. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island

$1600 ?
    Wtf
    No way Jose
    And they look dorky with those stomp pads all over the deck
    With that money you can get a ticket to Rincon
    Pay for a week in a decent airbandb
    And also rent a Bing locally

Or

Ticket to Hawaii
    Buy a tent in Costco
    And since you are in there
    But the best board ever made
    Wavestorm 8 ft
    For $114

If you have skate change , piƱa colada

Lackosense and waveslider like this.
  5. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Active Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    I know, this post not gonna get much love here, but I recently traveled from Boston to Florida with 14' paddleboard. No damage, no surcharges. How so? - inflatable. Obviously, it's not the same as your favorite board, but I found that it suits my needs because of several reasons. First, I don't trust my boards to handlers. Second, if the board would be damaged on the way there, well, first I would be really upset. second I would not wanna spent time looking for someone to fix it. So I would have to rent a replacement. But my inflatable is better than any rental equipment. I would have it with me all the time and not only rental place business hours. I will bring it into my room without strange looks in the hotel elevator and can squish it into a subcompact trunk. And I know the board...

p.s. during the same trip ( BOS-FLA flight) our hard shell Roncato luggage got smashed and lost one the latches; so on the way home, 3 months old stylish Italian hard case had been decorated with duct tape wrap. Sometimes I think it's done on purpose.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Lackosense likes this.