Sliding Gloves

Discussion in 'Skate' started by Shapes, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Shapes

Shapes New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Canada Alberta
    Hey guys im new to the forums. First of all my name is bill, i live in alberta canada and have been skating since i was about 8 or 9. Recently i rode a buddy's longboard and fell in love. So i bought a Kebbek Jon Craften DH, anyways when i was looking into longboarding i realized you needed sliding gloves, none of the local skate shops sell them and i dont wana order online. My question is, Can anyone help me with actually making my own home made sliding gloves?

Thanks,
    Bill (Shapes)

2. longboardmaster

longboardmaster Administrator Staff Member

Feb 14, 2004
  3. Shapes

Shapes New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Canada Alberta
    Hey thanks for the awesome link, thats a pretty good website. I think ill give her a shot and maby mix things up a bit on what he uses. Ill post pics and info when im finished and used once or twice. Once again thanks.

Bill (shapes)

4. ska1234

ska1234 New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Slide gloves
    Easy and simple to make, yet so useful in longboarding
    First you'll need some heavy work gloves, plastic cutting board, velcro, gorilla glue, and a saw.
    Think about what shape you want your pucks to be and cut them out with a jigsaw. Hand saw's work too.
    Then attatch velcro on the pucks.
    Attatch the opposite velcro on the gloves, while reenforcing it with gorilla glue.
    Put weight on the glue and let it dry and set.
    When all the glue is dry and the pucks are set, throw your pucks on your gloves.

Now you have slide gloves. Its easy and simple. =]

5. Shapes

Shapes New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Canada Alberta
    I must say that is a way better idea! Thanks for the help guys i think i will go out tommorow and make myself some gloves, however im going to try street biking gloves with kevlar fingers. Considering the heavy duty and bulky work gloves like to slide of too easy ill make them and post pictures when i am done and once again tanks of all the help guys its much appriciated.

Bill (shapes)

6. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Delaware
    tried-and-true slide rig

Attached files
    [​IMG]

7. eamon

eamon New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    hey hey im moding out longboards and trucks to be the best carvers and surf simulator give me an email and let me know if ur interested.. i can turn ur longboards into surfboard on street ....striders30v@gmail.com ..... my name is eamon ... trust me theez boards can carve like no other boards out there.. i can turn any longboard into a carve machine.... i only charge 50$ and the shiping costs but trust me ur board and u will carve like no other and u can learn slides on it in like a few hours it carves so hard.. im from california and iv been longboarding for 5 years so trust me iv been carving for awhile... i skate everyday and would love to help u become a good longboarder.. peace peace

8. ska1234

ska1234 New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    I ride original trucks and can turn a 180 circle in a sidewalks spae, can you make my shortboard do that?

9. eamon

eamon New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    ya i can do that.. but u loose center of gravity bc i have to rise the board up.. it works better on longboards.. iv made a short board turn so hard it would throw me off.. the board would turn on a dime.. scary tho lol... u would have to be hella pro to tackle that thing lol.. but let me know if i can help u out or not.. peace peace

10. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Delaware
    eamon, we wuz talkin' slide rigs here, but you do mods or sellin' trucks?