Shipping an Empty 8'2" Santa Monica Surfcase Oceanside CA-NYC

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Lackosense, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    So i am having an en empty 8'2" Santa Monica surf case being shipped from Oceanside/Encinitas area of CA to NYC. If you have a board that fits, this is your opportunity to split shipping costs with me while also getting incredible peace of mind that your surfboard will arrive to the east coast unscathed.

2. 306Bing

306Bing Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Ocean City, NJ/Media, PA
    I have a board being shipped from Anderson Surfboards, Hermosa Beach to Philadelphia and was wondering the same thing. I think we are a little far apart as far as distance goes, but maybe someone is heading up there.

3. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    As long as it gets to the east coast, I'm confident it will reach me eventually :)

4. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Only difficulty I see is getting the case north to Hermosa. The lady from whome I bought the case is pretty busy now running a business, so I'm sure she would not have time to drop it off at Hermosa. she can only delivery it somewhere in Oceanside or Encinitas. Otherwise, Someone would have to pick it up from her. Also, not sure who your shipping with but if its Dolly she told me her shipping companies will not insure the shipment unless the surf case is in a cardboard box. So the packing/box expense surf shop charge $50-75 is unavoidable if insurance is important to you.