Shaper Mason Dyer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Salty, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty Member

May 1, 2010
    USA California
    Interview with San Diego shaper Mason Dyer now on Liquid Salt!

http://www.liquidsaltmag.com/2012/08/mason-dyer/

2. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Anytime anyone under 30 is asked the question "would you do anything different", they will respond with "no". Adorable. As brand manager for Captain, I hope Mason realizes that his fins are mass produced in China... Youth.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

love the avatar SMUKES!

4. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Can I borrow a feelin? You back Michael?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

yes sir!

amazing trip! CRAZY.

stoked to be from Texas, stoked to live here.

6. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    surfboards and hot rods, that's where it's at.

He lost me with the "I also never really look at other board builders stuff because I really like trying to just do my own thing and not be influenced by what other guys are doing" and then discussing shapers he respects. Can't really do both in the same article.

7. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    News flash. This just in. Young kids will say immature things, especially when getting heaps of attention from the interwebs, their peers, surf magazines, the dood in the parking lot, and girls. Good thing no one was around to publish all the stupid crap we said when someone stroked our ego a little bit.

I didn't read the article. Never met him or seen one of his boards. Not really defending him personally, just trying to keep this one from disintegrating into a sewing circle of old ladies sitting around harping on the Kids These Days.

8. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Fair nuff... When you agree to an interview though, blah blah blah... And so forth. Stay the hell off my lawn too!

9. Fubar

Fubar Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I've seen one of his boards in action over on da cape. It goes well. I cannot be sure if it's the surfer or the board -- I'm guessing it's the surfer making a board he likes go well.

Also, Mason has a 'stache like my great grandfather's.

Right now, for me, it's win-win.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Not buying in.