School me, please: late 60s / early 70s

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Chilly Willy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    @garagefull: Wow, great work. You guys sure are handy. I will have to step up my game!

@Veterano: Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. If I am super stoked by the ride and really wanted to do some fine tuning in the fin department, I figure I can always consider getting a Vaquero, which is probably more refined in all the right areas anyway.

I've got my fingers crossed for a session on it this week, mid-week probably. Although, the tides may not be agreeable so we'll see.

2. garagefull

garagefull Member

Feb 22, 2004
    They were some funky boards built in the transition era. But if you get a good one, it might open the door to new experiences. A buddy bought a transition Petrillo, just for fun and because he had a Petrillo as a kid. When he showed it to me, I said "that's a hull". He rode it a few times and liked it, so I loaned him one of my modern hulls. He got hooked and bought a modern Liddle, which he probably rides more than anything else he owns. The old Petrillo doesn't get much use, but it served as the key to getting into hull riding. Consider yourself warned!

3. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island

Flock, I drooled on my iPad grom- specfuckintacular!!!!!!!

4. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    Btw, all me boards prefer to stay wet, and I prefer to keep them happy- any jammers ever wanna play with some trannies, let me know. They're meant to be used heavily, not preseved.

Look just as good on a wall broken, so what's the point

Largoazul and Chilly Willy like this.
  5. Veterano

Veterano Active Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I always say; "Wall hanger? Hang it on a 6' foot wall, see how it goes."

Largoazul, jdogger and pefa like this.