Say it ain't so....

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Couch, May 29, 2018.

1. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    "So," I tried to get hooked up with the SOCal board delivery guy...famed "Leon" and was told directly from him that he's working only with shapers and surf shops directly now. The shops are uspet as they don't make any money and expose themselves to some liability for housing the boards before pick ups (that makes sense)....does anyone know of another delivery service available in California? DHL/FedEx of course....but I am thinking of private party service providers to deliver boards.

Your local shop may have a different policy towards this, mine does not-

Couch

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Human

Human Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oceanside
    I absolutely cannot stand that guy.

Where is the board headed?

3. Couch

Couch Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Santa Barbara
    I have a board bought/paid for at Icons of Surf in San Clemente and trying to get it to Santa Barbara....

Couch

4. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Pilot Transport is supposed reliable and relatively inexpensive, used by many of the big shops and builders to ship boards. Always less expensive to have the board shipped to a local pickup warehouse in the area for pick up yourself, save a lot. Suggest giving them a call for a quote.

cheers

5. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Pilot Transport is supposed reliable and relatively inexpensive, used by many of the big shops and builders to ship boards. Always less expensive to have the board shipped to a local pickup warehouse in the area for pick up yourself, save a lot. Suggest giving them a call for a quote. Issue is always having the board packed before pickup, as truckers will not haul an unboxed board.

6. joeblackuz

joeblackuz Member

Apr 15, 2005
    I might be able to snag it next time im down there visiting my sister. Then you could grab it from me in LA. Dont know when Ill be there next though.

7. aloha73

aloha73 Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    I might be heading down to San Diego on Friday. I can grab it and get it to LA or even Ventura if that helps. PM me.

8. DanSan

DanSan Active Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Contact dolly with jim phillips..
    She does a great job

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    DKNJ likes this.
  9. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    Dolly all the way

DKNJ likes this.
  10. 808bmx

808bmx Member

Apr 20, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    I’ll vouch for Dolly 100%! She takes take care of the Hawaii crew and one of the best darn person you’ll ever meet.