Rhode Island and Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Hosteldweller, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Hosteldweller

Hosteldweller New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    All,

I am planning a "family" trip up the coast from NJ in the spring and have never surfed North of Long Island. Plan on throwing a 9'er in the back of the minivan for a quick strike if rideable. I've seen a few big State parks in RI mentioned, heard of Point J and Narragansett, what would be easiest off 95? Also, my buddy gave me a Nauset Surf Shop T shirt and I must surf there to keep wearing the shirt. I don't expect to be given secret or mysto spots. Thanks.

2. sod

sod New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    There are lots of spots to explore along those coasts but locations will depend greatly on swell size and direction. On Cape Cod some of the places going South to North; Nauset Beach, Coast Guard Beach, Nauset Light Beach, Marconi Beach, LeCounts Hollow, White Crest and Cahoon's. The last one is a good option for the family if in season the Beachcomber offers food and drinks including alcohol.

3. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    I'm in RI about a mile from Point Judith. Connect with me and I'll be happy to show you and yours about while you're here. Beautiful place. Rad spot and stoked to share it.
    There are a couple routes off 95 you can take but just be forewarned they recently installed a toll road into Point Judith for anyone south of Connecticut. The fee is one craigslist Surfboard. Crazy right? We'll talk about that later....
    PM me whenever with questions.

4. arn2629

arn2629 Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    kpd73 wrote:
    Im a mile from kpd too.. many spots and boards if waves are pumping and you want to switch it up

5. Hosteldweller

Hosteldweller New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Thanks for the information and offers. Like many of you, I have trips stacked up in my head, some paid for, others a day dream. Should've been a bowler.

6. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    Ditto to both kpd & arn..... Xcept, I'm a couple of miles up the road....

7. bing_nose

bing_nose Member

Jun 25, 2007
    What sod said - since its spring you won't need a national parks sticker, Nauset Light (depends on what happens this winter) & Coast Guard (same thing about this winter).

I know this is a longboard forum but if you have a mid length or fish or something spring usually doesn't disappoint here (it's becoming my favorite season to surf)