repairs in N>E

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Oct 25, 2017.

1. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Yeah I'm familiar with Cody, nice guy. Haven't used him but had him look at a board couple years ago and he quoted me $145 for a board that my guy who's in "retirement" now did for $40.

2. Tlri

Tlri New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Cody has another guy with him too. Chris Finn.
    He’s done some bigger projects for me at a good price. 150-200 but these were boards that had delams in multiple spots, water in them and large dings on the rails. Enough work to justify the cost in my mind by far.
    Chris has his own board line too.

SReilly likes this.
  3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I do plenty of what I consider quality repairs at low prices. Yes I’m retired too. My friends show genuine appreciation. Others get repairs that no one else wants to do and at a great price........show little to no appreciation other than paying the agreed price. I refuse delams all the time, and believe me, my priority is keeping vintage boards out of the trash and in the water. Some boards are junk. No I’m not in NE but get the sense some want only repairs for rock bottom prices.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

No doubt I'm sure. But I'd say the majority just want fair and reasonable for a quality repair.
    Firm believer that , for the most part,you get what you pay for in life and never have had a problem paying for quality in anything.

5. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Don't know Chris personally but know the name and about his boards. I've got no problem reaching out again to the shack for a repair I need to get done.