repairs in N>E

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, Oct 25, 2017.

1. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Dings
    I can do all my basic stuff fine but I have a few fussy things that need an expert repair guy.
    Anybody have someone they can recommend?
    I'm in RI.
    bside Tom Hogan(who is the best imo, doesnt do repairs very often anymore if at all) I havent found anyone near me who can do the detail oriented stuff very well.

thanks

2. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    Shadydave’s gotta guy who did beautiful work on the nose devil, I believe hannon, and some other real sensitive jobs I’ve seen...
    I wonder about Kevin T @ soundings also?
    My 2shekels.... good luck brother!

3. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Sent a message to a Really skilled buddy in Hope Valley. Kris knows him as well. He's hesitant about getting back in the game but I know he needs the loot. And his work is top notch.

4. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    thanks for the suggestions I'm aware of Kevin and Jason and Bob J. they are all capable of quality work. Anyone have suggestions of ding repair folks outside of RI.
    maybe this thread could be a angies list for ding repair lol better yet I'll start a new thread.

5. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

A local boat guy I used who was very reasonable and good, "retired". Still working on him to pull a Gordie Howe and make a come back.
    I have never used him, but Ed Camara in LC has been in the game a long time and I'm told does nice work. How about Keith at Twin Lights in MA?

6. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA Massachusetts
    Keith is great in my experience, but isn't thrilled about ding repair, much less color matching.

He does superb work, though - best I've come across and he appreciates and treats vintage, valuable boards with care.
    Very trustworthy.

Might be worth a call.

7. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Curious if there was any development on this?

8. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    yeah man, I have Kevin at Soundings Surf Co. On the job.

9. Tlri

Tlri Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Ding Shack in Newport.
    Great work, fast turn around, reasonable pricing. They’ll do anything from a small ding to a delam to build you a custom.

10. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Cool