Random video's

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Mango Bill, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
  2. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    I've been watching this video fairly often since I posted it last year. It took me a bit but I realized these were a much bigger version of the waves that I fell in love with my Bing PTLW on. Hard offshore groundswell beach break, that without those offshores would be closeouts.
    Would catch them super early flying in and fading hard left and then cut a 180* bottom turn - ideally just behind the peak - set up a highline pig dog and go for Broke.
    The Rush.
    Was doing it at Town Beach in Narragansett one morning when Pefa walked by and some dude- who will remain anonymous- was hooting from his AA meeting on the beach.
    Actually got legit Barreled at my local here a couple of weeks ago on that wicked hahd offshaw morning. Got the legit shit kicked out of me too, but one stayed wide Open. Worth it.
    I'll never be a traditional nose riding longboarder. Once I get going fast, I just want to go Faster. And carve arcs.
    Anyway...thanks for sitting through that-

Now, a year later I find this full edit with story behind that day on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. Harrison Roach holds court, and many others Shine as well. My new favorite 12 minutes.
    Please check it out.
    It's pretty insane.

I forgot to mention - really good music throughout. Just a Rad 12 mins. Promise

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Makawaosurfer93 and McQuad like this.
  3. McQuad

McQuad Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Fernandina beach
    Makes me want to get barreled

4. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    A buddy made this with a bunch of friends.

5. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Smooth, genuine, easygoing soft stoke. Thanks SG.

6. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  7. deemce

deemce Active Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    Very cool Jersey video. #Bengravy