Putnam/Hilbers 9'"2 SOS

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by northbeachboy, Apr 6, 2018.

1. northbeachboy

northbeachboy Active Member

Aug 16, 2004
    USA California
    PHD Fineline SOS 9'2" for sale. I regretfully am not surfing much anymore and don't need a multi-board quiver-continued to be plagued by medical issues since I moved out to CA four years ago...I thought it would be the fountain of youth for me, rather than the opposite.
    Anyway, this is a mild custom SOS, volan, three-stringer shape, slightly narrower with slightly more tapered rails-not pinched though. Dims. are 9'2'x 22 1/2" wide, 16 7/8" nose, 15 3/4" tail, 3 1/8" thick. Clean gloss and polish, not issues-no dimples, scratches, or anything...perfect shape. This is my last SOS and the best-fast, stable, turns on a dime. Great board at Malibu, Rincon, or Ventura points, as well as an all-around stick.
    Anyone who knows this model gets it-it works and puts you in the pocket!
    Hate to let it go, but can't stand looking at it idle!
    $595 to Jamboarders, PHD volan flex 10" fin optional. With board, $650
    Located in Pasadena, CA...Buyer arranges shipping....
    Email northbeachboy@mac.com or PM me anytime if interested. Can meet-up most anywhere in SoCal. More pics available if you wish...Thanks! IMG_0186.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Planktom, Lycokayaker, DKNJ and 3 others like this.
  2. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    nbb, very sorry to here about the continued health issues. As the owner of your previous sos (currently on loan) I can say that I am glad I purchased it, such an epic board. This is a smokin deal and will not last long. Get well!!

3. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
  4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. It has been the same for me since moving East. We should trade. Killer board and good price. Good luck with the sale and here’s to healing.

northbeachboy likes this.
  5. northbeachboy

northbeachboy Active Member

Aug 16, 2004
    USA California
    Thanks guys!
    Let me throw this out there...before I'm tempted to subject myself to the abuse of Craigslist...
    To my Jamboard friends whom I've shared the stoke for a good number of years...
    $595 for the SOS...PHD Volan Flex fin INCLUDED!!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    JMJackFish likes this.
  6. Knots

Knots Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    USA Southern New Jersey
    Was saddened to read that first paragraph. Truly hope things improve for you amigo. Don't forget that the healing powers of the Atlantic and that magical LBI sand between your toes are only a plane ride away.
    All the best John and ***** BUMP!!!!! for that sweet looking sled you have up for grabs.
    Much Aloha

northbeachboy likes this.
  7. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ

This is a killer board, at a killer price.

8. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I've owned 2 of the HILBERS SOS boards. Unreal fun.

Also, northbeachboy takes great care of his equipment. I bought a board from him last year and transaction went very smoothly.

Good guy despite being from NJ. o_O

9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Can’t believe this board has not sold:(. I guess I will have to buy it tomorrow, the clock is ticking:cool:

jbb likes this.
  10. tc96707

tc96707 Member

Feb 3, 2016
    USA Hawaii
    I bought a Jim Phillips from NBB late last year. Board was in great condition and he helped with shipping too.

NBB, you are always welcome to surf the JP on your next visit here. The JP is here to stay.

shadydave likes this.