Pre-Preformer 9'6" Dewey Weber

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Lackosense, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Anyone have an interest in this board?

DeweyWeber.jpg

This board is a Venice Beach vintage Dewey Weber shaped in 1961-1962 by Harold Iggy in the "Velzy Pig" shape. It sports rolled rails and the original wood D fin. It was professionally restored by Ray Lucke who surfed on the Jacob's team in the 60's. Fantastic baby blue pigmentation job. Original patina of 1 inch balsa stringer at the nose was left intact under the new glass. Looks great on display. Board is in excellent condition. Has been a wall-hanger for a while. Getting married so i'm liquidating some of my toys.

McQuad, ac95 and JMJackFish like this.
  2. McQuad

McQuad Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Fernandina beach
    I did the opposite. Get all you can because funds tend to get redirected to home remodeling.....

Chilly Willy and Lackosense like this.
  3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Ha ha, I did the opposite too. I figured it would be easier to justify trading/selling existing boards for new boards than always adding new ones.

Good luck with the sale and congrats on the nuptials!

4. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Hold on to that thing. So much easier to justify a new board when you have just sold one ! Married 5 years and my quiver went from 30 to 12!

5. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    I really don't ride it. i have about 7 other long boards which i prefer over this one; one of which is a 9'6 Cooperfish Flexpig. The Cooperfish is basically the same board but rides better.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Bighouse likes this.
  6. LÜGEN

LÜGEN Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Oceanside
    I do, what are you asking?

7. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Asking 1300, thanks for looking.

8. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Not sure I understand the marketing tactic of calling this board a Pre-Performer? I’m sure it’s true but how does this add appeal. Isn’t it also a “Pre-SKI”?

Surfertom likes this.
  9. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    To guys who are fixated on vintage Webers, they are referred to as Pre-Preformers because they are the boards that came before that iconic shape. Vintage Performers of different styles are "readily" available, these are something different and unique. I am not really a Weber guy, but I have a Performer area "shop board" that is piggy and not a Performer at all. That also makes it unique, because boards of that era were predominately Performers and it was "odd" to see aboard that was not a Performer at a Shop. I don't know about other places, but Bill Minder sold a ton of Performers in Long Branch, NJ during that era.

10. LB LIZARD

LB LIZARD Member

Mar 22, 2007
    USA California
    Not a “Pre-Performer” unless you are saying that the board preceded the Performer. Actually there were Pre-Performers that had glassed in fins and did not have the later fin Wonder bolt system. I can take a picture of the two if interested. Clear as mud?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017