Post Malibu/SanO Notes

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by ilparadosso, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ilparadosso

ilparadosso New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    USA California
    It was great to see everyone at Malibu. I got a couple of great waves. Thanks to Andersonfan for letting me try the JFII. Mario and Co. nice to finally see you guys, Little Al, I saw you as I was going in, maybe we'll be properly introduced next time. Dewey, good to see you out there so soon after your surgery, Bobby, It was fun seeing you and "Nadine" on your home turf. I'm running on ~ 45 min. of sleep so sorry if I'm forgetting someone. I won't be there Sat. or Sun. hope you guys have a great time. Sorry if I dropped in on anyone,I tried not to (except for my last wave and that punk shortboarder:D). Hope everyone got good waves as the tide lowered.

Steve

2. rapier_96

rapier_96 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Crap!
    Was that today?

3. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    Yes, good times had by all.

I am glad we finally had a decent swell for you guys to enjoy, just wish we had enjoyed a better tide for it. Mario got one of the waves of the day for his first wave, and everyone else seem to have a blast as well.

I was paddling back out after a fun one when Steve (ilparadosso) came screaming through in the pocket with a mini-pig dog working; wish I had a camera for the shot- he had one hand on his outside rail, the other tucked into the wave, completely backlit with the green wall setting up in front and whitewater coming down on his shoulder.

That would have stayed on the homepage of our website.

Thanks to all who made the trip, let's do it again next year!

AF

4. longboardmaster

longboardmaster Administrator Staff Member

Feb 14, 2004
  5. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    longboardmaster wrote:
    Here here. This thread means nothing without pics! Post 'em please:D

6. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    USA California
    Yeah - where are all the pics for us slackers to vicariously live?

7. surflugen

surflugen Member

Mar 17, 2006
    USA California
    I went down on Saturday to take some photos but it was the most drab day for surf photography I have seen down there. Early there was a few clean waves but the fog and the tide really did not make it exceptional. I still had fun. Sorry I did not have much time to hang out with you all. My kids, especially my toddler, was in great form finding a whole new level of screaming that had me almost pull my hair out. While my wife surfed her sessions, I had planned to walk down and hang out but both times was too short lived and my kids would have rather just hung out in the camper. As for the surf. I hope you all had fun. I am horrible with names and faces so I hope I did not get in anyones way of having fun in the water at Old Mans. It was too mushy in the morning anyway. My third session in the afternoon, I paddled out to 4-Doors and had it all to myself. Everyone out there was sitting inside for some reason.

Next year we are definitely going to camp so we can hang out and meet with all of you very interesting characters. Saturday was our first day trip to San'O in our recently purchased 76 Dodge 24' camper and it worked out great.

BTW. Whose family was affiliated with that raffle? I was really impressed with there effort and the message they got out. It seemed they rallied up a good some and I hope they did. Wish I had more cash to give - I really wanted that board.

8. log donkey

log donkey Member

Sep 8, 2004
    USA California
    grush benny and i took a ton of pictures on miles' camera,.. but, they are on miles' camera

hopefully the shots i took of the bikinis don't get miles in trouble:shock:

9. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    I know Mario was taking shots at Bu, let's what he posts. I am surfing with him tomorrow morning before he heads back to PR. :D

10. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey did Greg Hunt show? Whatever happened to him?