Police leash squeadron

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Tenfooter, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

1. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Looks like not only they police your boards, when to sell them, how to sell them, and what price.
    But also how you ride it, where, and if you wear a leash or not.
    WTF

2. Surfboard Police

Surfboard Police New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    NJ
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?

kclibman and Tenfooter like this.
  3. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    I shall represent and defend anyone and everyone here, pro bono, against the oppressive judgment of the surfboard police. My first point of advice, make all the statements you wish about your surfing to that clown without the fear of judgment. At the end of the day, if you're getting into the water and comming out with a smile on your face, you're winning, regardless of how you surf or what you use to facilitate your surfing.

4. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Also I dont mean "clown" in any derogative sense....the guy is literally a clown with a police hat on.

walkingtheplank likes this.
  5. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    I love your sense of humor!!
    Thank you guys

6. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Moro Bay
    So are you policing the comments? The irony. :)

kclibman and dingdong like this.
  7. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    If someone makes a dumbass comment about telling others whether or not leashes should be worn, then they should be called out. Or maybe if they want to tell others how to act or what to do, then do it in person, in the water and face to face. Otherwise you’re just pussy/bully/troll/moron. Take your pick.

8. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I don't see a problem here.

We've been doing it in the UK for years..

uk.jpg

Dawnpatrol, Planktom and Lackosense like this.
  9. 70s SanO

70s SanO Active Member

Feb 16, 2004
    MIssion Viejo, California
    The only rule I have ever known is to ride like you are not leashed up. That is the only safety issue.

It is humorous for someone to suggest that a 30lb board is not safe above waist high. Those a bit advanced in age remember when nearly every board was over 30lbs and leashes didn’t exist. I remember the first leather cinch band and shock cord leashes in the early 70’s. I hated how it would tighten up on your ankle.

But for safety? On a decent day the beach was littered with those 30lb boards. Bouncing right through everyone on the inside.

John

ChyandourSlider, davey and michael like this.
  10. Poseidon

Poseidon Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Moro Bay
    East Coast tough guys. I will be in that area in a month.

Send me the beach and I will tell you in person and also provide doughnuts and coffee.