Pictures of Jim Phillip's boards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by mro87, Feb 12, 2009.

1. mro87

mro87 New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I have seen through the years some very nice pictures of Jim's boards and have been trying to find them again to copy them to a file. Some I have, many I have been unable to.

Could those who have posted pictures of their Phillips boards do it again, please. A few nice ones come to mind: mhc904, Nedsurf, 2 boards of Log Donkey, Tentoesed, etc...

Thanks,

mro87

2. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    hey what about me? :( My dCC is up there with the best of em. not a custom though if that is what youre looking for.
    here is the thread:
    http://jamboards.com/view_topic.php?id=6616&forum_id=1&highlight=copy+cat

dand has a bitchin Blue Max on here some where too.

3. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    Here are mine. There is space in the racks for a forthcoming one - a Phillips Bastard...

Attached files
    [​IMG]

4. retroactive

retroactive New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Whats the board in the middle? looks nice

5. mro87

mro87 New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    cuda wrote:
    Oops, no offense meant. Doesn't have to be a custom. ;)

Keep them coming please.

Nice boards Slo, and nice wax jobs.

6. high pockets

high pockets Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Ireland
    slosurf wrote:
    Magic wax job[​IMG]

7. Roy Stewart

Roy Stewart New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    Jim mentioned a 12 foot section connector recently, with aged wooden stringer, any pictures ?

8. pmcgrath

pmcgrath New Member

May 8, 2007
    What is the Phillips Bastard.

9. glidewaves

glidewaves Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    9'10 SWT

Attached files
    [​IMG]

10. surfore

surfore Member

Mar 2, 2004
    USA California
    BASTARD

The wide hips and wide nose, it is a bastard between the Pig and the Small Wave Terrorist. The SWT was lying there awake; the night was still, except for the crackling of the logs still burning in the fire ring. Looking through the glow of the ebbing embers was the outline of the Pig and damn was she a pig in every sense of the word. Her ass was full and plump, not fat and cellulite, but a fun ride for sure. The SWT wove around the fire ring and slid up the pig, he was still giddy from the rides of the evening and his fin was standing straight up….he knew what he had to do, no...what he needed to do. Sliding his slick belly along her wax scabbed hips they joined together in a frenzy so intense that the wax on the SWT began to sweat, beading up and slowly dripping off his rails, joining with the pigs wax in a perverted mixture that was to be the born The BASTARD. The bastard son of a bastard, that is who he is, he's a bastard on the beach, he's a real bastard in the water and don't let the bastard be behind you.

Wave count and stability RE-perfected. The Bastard is the second coming of the original full figured Phillips Small Wave Terrorist. Just like the SWT, the Bastard finds it’s home in waves about shoulder high and under - but in the shaping bay the Bastard has had it's engine bored and the suspension modified for more aggressive surfing and nose riding. The Bastard has a deep, long blended concave for lift to a flat mid and a slight roll at the fin for added maneuverability. The rocker has been increased by .5" in the nose and a slight kick to the tail at the fin - both also aid in slowing down the board a bit when you're on the nose. The rails are shaped as a progressively pinched 50/50 but just like the SWT the rails have been tuned so that there are no catch rails here. Finally, the plan shape has been narrowed a bit in the middle and the tail has been widened by half and inch. A hot dogging nose rider tuned for those small glassy days or steep walled up waves as only the Genius can do.