Overall, this pretty much sucks

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Nov 7, 2017.

1. 306Bing

306Bing Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Ocean City, NJ/Media, PA
    I too did not know what direction you wanted the post to go when I clicked the clink. I first thought of Seth, who I didn't know, but thought of first. I clicked the link and thought they are training in order to save the lives of Navy Seals and Navy divers when they go and do it for real. I assume the Navy will do their due diligence and not set charges when there are whales, schools of fish or great whites in the area. And if some fish and sea life is the cost to save the lives of our service men, then I am ok with that. They are not doing it for fun I promise you that.

2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    I’m not sure why Don is posting such negative stuff. His ranting post on this thread seemed to suggest we are all nihilistic. Perhaps he forgot about this groups reaction to Seth’s passing.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Frankly, Nedsurf, after this last year a lot of us are walking around in a numb PTSD like daze, trying to process what in the hell has happened to our country. So many casualties..decency, respect, the environment, education, consumer protection laws, safety nets, etc..lost to a corruption, racism, anger and hate most of us thought we left behind long ago..so issues like Tom Morey and the Navy detonating near shore, things that would normally cause us more outrage and response, seem to just merge into the background as we endure the latest round of felony mis-management and lying..it doesn't mean we don't care, it just means we need to work harder to tune out the onslaught and tune in what counts..

Dawnpatrol, pefa and hankster like this.
  4. jbb

jbb Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Contributing to the numbness is that social media delivers all of these stories to us repeatedly through many different outlets.

Its not often that someone posts a story here or link to article of interest to this group that I haven't seen elsewhere, already.

5. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    = Why the fuck would they do that in the ocean? Couldn't the government find some insignificant mud hole in the desert to blow shit up in?

Just to be clear.

miscreant likes this.
  6. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    Forest for the trees