Overall, this pretty much sucks

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Nov 7, 2017.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Ticowannabe likes this.
  2. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Too bad the residents that this affects the most don't have a wifi connection, or electricity or even computers.:(

Ticowannabe and pintail like this.
  3. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I don't think the noise will be any worse than the Artillery training that normally happens on that side of base. Man, that used to shake my house. Haha.

5. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Hard to understand why it’s even necessary. Maybe a fun way of increasing ocean temps.

6. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    Yeah, you'd think they could come up with an alternative to the ocean..
    Kelly's wave pool maybe?

7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I feel that I am just not connecting to the folks here anymore. If you don't understand the damage this is doing to marine mammals and other marine life maybe I have lost touch with the people that I thought are on the forum.

Same with the Tom Morey post. God forbid he took a different route, and no one gives a shit about him now that there are really progressive ideas in surfing like "involvement". But you'll throw $20k at a prospective pastry chef or some other perceived visonary.

Or the surf mat post and that goofy old bastard George Greenough. Just speed bumps in the line up for you.?

It's all fucking surfing, but that doesn't fit the ego stoke model.

I'll just continue to filter sea water through my wetsuit, and enjoy the ocean for what it is. Not that I'm the ultimate authority on what is right, just know what is good for me. You all have a nice life, and for a few of you, kiss my ass.

pefa and davey like this.
  8. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

What responses were you hoping for on the threads you mentioned Don?

9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Sorry Don no lack of respect intended. I was so blown away by the Morey thread I didn't know what to say. Always assumed he retired a billionaire. This thread is hard to even understand for most and the impact of the testing goes without saying. As far as cake baking goes, don't even get me started. My wife shows me these SnapChat pics all the time from our nieces and her sisters. ALL of beautiful but ridiculous pieces of 'food art' baking. The ladies get giddy with excitement over every one. Makes my head want to explode but I bite the inside of my cheek and keep my mouth shut!

Another thing, on our recent trip West my wife and I will always remember that day at SanO surfing and on the beach. She still mentions the comment you made when Bill gave her that funny shaped piece of glass he found in the rocks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017