Not surf related, but I'm stoked anyway

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Jun 5, 2017.

1. houseofsuffering

houseofsuffering Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Upper Twp NJ
    Guy passive/aggressively trolling a thread about a dated music format who only rides dated surfboards. Incredibly meta.

Finward and matsurfer like this.
  2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016

Whoa?!! Easy tiger!!!

Are you asserting I don't actually wander if any of our gracious jamboard family members have one that they don't want anymore?

And...how dare you!! I suspect vinyl out dates tape (however, I'm ignorant regarding stuff like this {note: it's just a suspicion}). So... what are you calling out dated?!! Sheesh!!!

Also, your quoted post above reads presumptuous, or assertive if not aggressive.

Just sayin.

p.s. you gotta love the "like" a post option on this new fandagled version of our beloved chat room. seems like some kind of a role call or something. Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.09.47 AM.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  3. SJ_hodad

SJ_hodad Member

Mar 30, 2010
    USA New Jersey
    yeah thats pretty accurate on the rock shop. I did manage to score a used copy of the the infected in mint shape the other week but normally I go there for new stuff. Never been to double decker I'll have to check it out.

4. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    I've been searching cragslist. Does any jam Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.45.50 PM.png boarder have an 8 track player they aren't using that they'd like to get rid of. I'd consider paying for shipping if we could ship it for less than $20.

5. pursuitofnow

pursuitofnow Member

Jun 29, 2013
    SF
    Curious, what kind of system will you be trying it through? Do you have some decent condition tapes?

6. miscreant

May 20, 2016

No. I have nothing.

I was raised on them in my parents and uncles cars. I remember them. I figure if I get a player, I could jump in to the system game. Speakers, tuner, whatever.

I've been looking at prices of tapes on that one link i posted earlier. I'd splurge for a few that I really like. Then, it'd be a waiting game like the majority of the contributors to this thread are describing about their pursuit of records.

7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Found a couple of shops in Oceanside area that I will be exploring, will give you an update. May have to replace a few of my favorites as the 60/70's era lifestyle wasn't tailored to careful treatment of records. Some fun memories though. My collection is pretty meager as my room mates were always buying records so I didn't

8. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Sunny June afternoon, Sergio Mendes & Brazil '66 Look Around. Need to find a cold beer.

9. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I had an 8-Track player in my 1965 VW Bus during the '70s. It was wired to a separate 12 volt battery stored in the interior (vehicle had 6 volt electrics). All I remember is playing "magic bus" constantly plus a few Neil Young tunes. No other memories of it except having to keep charging that battery. I don't think fidelity mattered. It was all about volume!

davey likes this.