Not surf related, but I'm stoked anyway

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Jun 5, 2017.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    turntable.jpg Got my turntable and speakers (AR-XB and Dynaco A35s) out of storage for the first time in many years, fired it up with some old vinyl, it's knocking me out with memories. If any of you have old vinyl albums (that's back when an album was a record) let me know. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida baby! Great afternoon.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    F digital- imho, nothing sounds more like the way it just should. That being said, who the f am I to say should, yadayadayada......
    Love it brother

3. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    i could kick myself for getting rid of all my old gear, cost me a fortune in my early 20's... dynaco pre am, amp and tuner, dahlquist dq10's and technic turntable

4. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Our friends son-in-law did some work as a DJ years ago. Anyway we're all sitting around talking about how focused he is on vinyl. I hadn't played mine in years and offered to give the small collection up. Faster than the blink of an eye he stopped by the house and snapped up all the 'albums'. Seemed to know every artist and was stoked. Weren't some of those records used as frisbees during college lunacy?

5. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    ......yeah, and delivery mechanisms for other illicit, uh,
    ........ I'm gonna shut up now

6. pefa

pefa Active Member

Mar 14, 2008
    G-sett Rhode Island
    This would be an opportune segway for icecreamheadache to chime in with some more epic musings- based on some, er, prior conversations, something tells me he has some, uh, coments on the matter

walkingtheplank and Dawnpatrol like this.
  7. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Just sold 20 LP's, was extremely suprised by how much I got for them!

8. houseofsuffering

houseofsuffering Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Upper Twp NJ
    Been collecting vinyl since high school. Definitely been a resurgence in the past decade or so which is cool.

We need more brick and mortar record stores vs. discogs and eBay though. Digging and searching is the fun part.

9. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    It's a shame that brick and mortar stores are mostly a bygone era. Some of my fondest college memories involve walking from campus to "Town and Campus Records" downtown to root through the used albums and hopefully pick up something. Sometimes you'd find real gems, other times not... but I don't think we ever left empty handed. It would take all afternoon, but it was always worth it to score some new music. (I'm talking CDs, not vinyl... but there's still a lot of soul lost when you're not physically opening a package and getting that whole new-album experience.)