NOS 1968 8'-4" Surfboards East

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by shadydave, Nov 11, 2017.

1. shadydave

shadydave Active Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This Is a NOS 1968 Surfboards East pintail delivered to a surf and dive shop on the 501 in Myrtle Beach back in 68 and discovered in the attic of the building that the shop was housed in back in 2002. This was posted on the CL thread and I decided to purchase it as I felt it was a pretty rare find and pretty much a once in a lifetime deal. As I patiently waited its arrival I pondered what it meant to own such an interesting piece of surf history and what I came up with is , I am not a surfboard collector rather somebody that enjoys riding vintage surfboards I am not the proper home for this board. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind it hanging on the wall but I honestly believe it belongs in the hands of somebody who has a great appreciation for NJ surf history. So I am posting this here to see if I can find this board its proper home. Thanks,Shady

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    306Bing, Igosurf and Basenji703 like this.
  2. shadydave

shadydave Active Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
  3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Wow. That's one rad attic find. Stunning for a 49 year old board; like it was made yesterday.

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    FYI - I will be in MA this weekend and could bring back to NJ if anyone makes a deal with Dave.

shadydave likes this.
  5. shadydave

shadydave Active Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    Thanks Pat!!
    For the sake of transparency I’m into this board for $1400 (retail on a custom Bing LB +/-). I’m not looking to make money or lose money but am looking to pass what I believe is a special and unique piece of east coast surf history along to a more fitting Home. I am open to trades or partial trades if someone feels that $$ amount is ridiculous.