NJ Spring Swap/Sale - Sunday May 18th

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by NJ Longboarder, Apr 9, 2008.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Same deal as the fall. Hopefully we get a similar turnout and weather. Start to did out all your crap and post on here or PM me with a list of stuff you hope to bring.

Surfboard Swap/Sale - Sunday May 18th 10am-???

In front of:
    Beach House Surf Shop
    517 Main Avenue 08742
    Bay Head, NJ
    http://www.beachhouseclassic.com/

Be ready to wheel and deal. All deals to be made directly with the items owner or the person the owner trusted to bring the item. A 3x5 card with the owners name, contact info, asking price/value, and items interested to trade will be taped to all the boards. Plan to stick around for the duration if you bring an item. You are personally responsible to watch your stuff and be available if someone wants it. The Beach House is only providing us the location and will not take any responsibility for deals made or lost/damaged or stolen items. There will no fees charged. There will be a sign in book to just keep a log of boards and people who were there.

Some people have asked if it is trades/swaps only. The answer is NO. With everything, cash is king but full or partial trades are more interesting to some. We are also trying to limit the boards to vintage boards, longboards and retro shapes, but feel free to bring what you have. If space is limited, we may ask you to leave the shortboards, skimboards etc. in/on your car. Please only trade for things that are legal in the lovely state of NJ.

Everything is going to be on the sidewalk and driveway. We are trying to get some stuff together to lay down, but if you can bring some extra board bags, moving blankets, carpet, etc., that will help.

2. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks again Pat and Eric for setting this up. The last time was fun and met quite a few folks from the forum. Will see everyone on the 18th. I don't know how you have the time to do all these things and still earn a paycheck, but keep it up!

Dave

3. grush

grush Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Thanks Pat and Eric! I'll be bringing this bad boy!

Attached files
    [​IMG]

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    C'mon guys, who is bringing stuff? We need to start a list. I will be going through the rack tonight and should be able to pull out a board or two.

Hopefully smokey will be able to bring the van full of boards up again. More importantly, we need a place to have a few drinks....that empty van is perfect. I'll bring some packs of diapers to trade for your boards.

njrider.....how is that flyer coming?

5. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    I'll have a few boards and other assorted stuff. Just trying to decide what boards I am going to purge...

6. richard tator

richard tator New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    slosurf wrote:
    Ill be bring some stuff too!

7. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    As usual, I have stuff to bring.:)

8. njrider

njrider Active Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    I'll figure out what I've got also. I'm working on a flyer...anyone real good with flyers?

9. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

I'll be bringing at least 1 board

10. grush

grush Member

Aug 8, 2005
    9'6 vintage Hobie

8'6 vintage Bob White stringerless v-bottom

7' vintage Surfboards Australia

Couple of modern fins

Vintage Sidewalk Surfer skateboard

Maybe some vintage mags/posters