NJ Fall Surfboard Swap/Demo Day

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by NJ Longboarder, Oct 3, 2005.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    OK Guys, looks like it might be time for another surfboard swap day. I am thinking one of the upcoming weekends (before I get married) and I am available the following days:

Sun 10/9, Sat 10/15, Sat 10/29 and Sun 10/30

Let's see who is available and maybe we can pull this off again. I am thinking we can meet at the house (about 1 mile west of Belmar/Avon), pick out some boards, head to a local break (anything north of Belmar is best for me) and give the boards a try. I have a few boards I don't mind lending out and I am always interested so see how others ride. I have modern boards between 6'6" and 9'6" (10 or so boards) and vintage boards up to 10ft (7 or so boards).

We can even head back to the house afterwards grill out and drink a few. Anyone want in, let me know and we can set a date. Respond if you are interested and what date works best for you. I think we should plan on meeting early, surfing the morning and do some lunch that way we don't waste the entire day.

2. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    I'm game and I'm sure Drumhead Buddha would be too.

3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I could show my sorry, ignorant,paranoid, poserphobe, profane, country ass on the later days in October. Bum you all out.

I know the L-Jetty and 3rd Ave. Bradley pretty well.

Maybe ask Eddy or Kevin Kelly to specially make us Reubens at Kelly's Tavern.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

I could definitely be in for Sat. 10/29, wouldn't be able to make the other dates myself. Would be looking forward to seeing how that ingnorant paranoia translates to surfing? Must be like nervous energy or something huh?

T

5. fareast

fareast New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    I'd be up for it but I only have a fish and my 6'6" Evolver(for sale :D ) to swap out. I know the 15th is open and possibly the 29th and 30th but I feel like im supposed to be somewhere those dates. :huh:

6. NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
    I surf the L jetty and 3rd ave a lot as well. When the L jetty breaks well, it is always fun trying to beat the wave to the corner of the jetty. I also spearfish that jetty, drops off pretty steep.

Anyhow, looks like Oct 29th is getting the most votes so far. Hopefully we can decide on the date in the next week or so.:)

7. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Awesome, I think I'm game for any of those days. Count me in. I'll bring my 9'4 Yater Spoon and 5'10 fish... and my 9'0 Stewart if anyone wants to give it a whirl.

8. NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
    OK, here are the boards I will have available to trade off for the day.

Modern: 9'6" Anderson Farberow, 9'2" Anderson Dane Peterson, 9'2" Fly, 9'0" Fly Epoxy, 9'0" Steven Slater Surftech, 8'0" Cooperfish Comet, 7'0" Walden Mini Magic, 6'6" Anderson Poacher, 6'6" Surftech Fish, 6'5" B. Wynn Egg (in glassing)

Vintage: 10'0" Surfboards Hawaii Noserider, 9'6" Hansen 50/50, 9'6" G&S Stringerless, 9'4" Hansen 50/50, 9'2" Hansen Superlight Pintail, 8'6" Hansen 50/50 Pintail, 7'10" Bunger

I think that is all for now. If I think of any more, I will let you guys know.

9. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

I have a shorter list myself. I'll have a 9'0" Hap Jacobs 422 Nose Rider. A 7'10" Blue fun shape and a 6'0" Time Bomb (L.I.T.) Fish, that I could bring along.

T

10. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    I got an 8'6" Walden Magic (poly) and a 7' WRV Funboard that I'm not even sure I'd want other people to see. It sure is ugly but it is now my beater board for any of my friends that want to go out. It has also been my test board for ding repairs and a couple of them look ok but the others are pretty lame.

Anyway, I could probably make it up that way most the dates you mentioned except maybe 10/9 (this weekend).