Nine Lights surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cheyneskeezer, Jun 12, 2017.

1. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    I've been dealing with jeff at nine lights for a 5 years or so. Started with some fin reworking on my terry martin chip that came out flawless then a few repairs on cooperfishs flawless again. And now my entire quiver under 7 ft are his boards. He's a true craftsman doing everything himself with different techniques. All my boards are his open face eps balsa boards. Light and super strong. None have any pressures.

Just wanted that give him a shout out. For a little more so worth it to have a board last forever with the same performance.
    Just ordered a 5'9 fish from him and stoked

Attached Files:

JMJackFish likes this.
  2. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    whats the green one? are they chattery in chop?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Very nice. Never heard the term open face? Is the balsa a veneer that is vacuum bagged onto the deck? Gotta be expoy resin used to since they're EPS foam. My opinion,.....perfect glossy finishes aside, epoxy resins today are far superior to PE. Way healthier for the environment (VOCs) and laminators. Thanks for posting.

4. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    The green board is a 2+1 egg 6'8 that's traditional weight not choppy. Its all real balsa he hand planes everything check out his Instagram for build pics he really is good at what he does far superior to the other stuff out there and the nicest guy

He builds all kinds full balsa eps core the openface is just balsa and rails rails act as stringer.
    RT one my favorite surfers rides his stuff and rips on them

https://instagram.com/p/hnEXC0Qcl5/

Attached Files:

5. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
    One of his recent builds using cypress for the deck

Attached Files:

6. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Makes total sense to me. I'll read more.